dixieskydiver

American Idol

It was quite funny to watch, but I couldn't help feeling sorry for the poor folks being sent home with those two cutting up so much. I mean, someone's dream is swept away and two yahoos are acting like kindergarteners! :S

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I dont' watch the vote-off show except during the commericals of Survivor.

I'm SO glad to see that Brenna was obviously voted off AND happy I was not tuning in to sing her farewell song:P

We watched Survivor and taped the elimination show. We also flipped back and forth a bit at commercials but they didn't line up too good last night.

One bleach blonde NC girl voted off last night and one girl that was WAY too fond of herself (the one that posed a lot).

They culled two of the weaker guys too. I really didn't like the Donny Osmond look-alike.

Didn't replay the episode yet to see the Paula stuff.

The two girls I was happy to see go.

I think I was happy to see the two guys, as well, but I can't remember. I think it was "Sway" and that crooner guy. Fine by me.

I thought it was kind of mean on Wednesday night's episode when they showed a picture of Chicken Little next to that one kid. I think he shoudl go next, but still, he's so cute and sweet and I didn't like them sticking a big picture of Chicken Little on the screen[:/]
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I only flipped to it to see who got axed but I saw one bit where Paula was so obviously on something-slurring, unable to sit up let alone piece an entire coherent sentence together- it was kind of embarrassing. (Then again, so is admitting I give a shit about what happens on American Idol!:$)

My wife and I watched it, then we turned to each other at the same time and asked, "Is she drunk?!"

It was entertaining to watch Paula Abdul make an ass out of herself not once, but twice.;)
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Freakin' Idol threads always seem to bring me back out to the land of the virtual living...

Yes, I'm a dork. I watch Idol.

I'm glad Brennan left. She liked herself enough for the whole country and is just consumed with money. Heather...not good enough. Sway..too insecure..the Crooner...who's gonna buy it? let's say goodbye to Donny Osmond and Chicken little next week.

I think so far the voting process is on track.

My prediction:

1. Kelli Pinker-somthing from North Carolina. She's just so pure and sweet.

2. That bald rocker guy

3. Ace....has the Constantine Justin pop factor. I like the rocker - he's great/rugged.

4. The burnette that looks like Valerie Bertinelli

5. The heavy black lady.

is

Obviously, I suck at prediciting this stuff, but I can't stand that Kelly chick and her sweet little country bumkin ohmygishijustatesquid routine. Her voice isn't that great, and the sweet blonde country singer idol has been done by two different shows already. I do give her props for have 500% more personality than Carrie Underwood, but you could also say that about a pet rock. Her personality with Carrie's voice might be a good combo, but I still think she can only do the sweet dumb country girl routine for so long before most of the country will want to puke as much as me!

Ace- better looking than Constantine, more genuine, but after the other night, I have to say, the voice just isn't there.

This will be a bad season for the over 25 crowd, including the supersized lady with the pipes. She'll make the finals, but she won't make the top 5. there are too many teenagers this year- they've already shown how the teens get the votes without the talent to back it up. The pretty young black girl who was in Lion King? She'll go pretty far- very talented, sweet, and a polished performer. Plus she's versatile- she can do more than just belt out some R&B.

I only heard a small clip of the bald rocker dude and he was good- so was Bo Bice until Clive Davis got his hands on him. He should get while the getting is good!

Bumping this.;)

After last night, I have my 6 fave girls (actually I have 5, but had to add a 6th since that's what they're oging for):

Most to Least Favorite:

1. Mendeza (she is GORGEOUS & has an amazing voice)
2. Kelly Pickler
3. Paris Bennett
4. Rocker girl (can't remember her name but she's the best rocker girl they've ever had)
5. Girl who went 2nd last night (can't remember her name either, but beautiful, sang older song)
6. Edit: Skymonkey said her name is Catherine Mcphee and I believe everything he says;). Girl who sang "Fever" and wore simple outfit with long wavy dark hair & fair skin (she has great voice and I love that she isn't over the top, but just naturally beautiful)

Kinnik Sky and Alya (the basketball girl) can go home.

Thank you:P

1. Mandisa (I think that's the right spelling) killed it last night. She was great

2. Catherine McPhee did 2nd best in my opinion. Dark haired girl who also sings opera I think.

3. Kelli Pickler (who lives about an hour from here) did OK. I was spitting up when Simon said she was a "Minx" and she didn't know what it was. Right at the end, when she was talking to Ryan, she said "I'm a Mink!" and everyone busted out laughing.

4. The chick from Tampa, FL (rocker girl) did OK too.

The rest of them can beat it. The guys, as a group, are much better than the girls at this point.

Kelly definitely is a cutie with a voice. Mandisa just keeps belting out one good song after another! I'm looking forward to tonights show with the guys!

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Don't you think that sweet little country girl routine is going to get old? Last week- squid, this week Sall-man? Next week, someone will make her eat snails! Can you hear it already? "They call em ESS Car GOTTS! They was slimy!" Are we sure she didn't pick this act up after watching all the old Tammy movies?

6. Edit: Skymonkey said her name is Catherine Mcphee and I believe everything he says. Girl who sang "Fever" and wore simple outfit with long wavy dark hair & fair skin (she has great voice and I love that she isn't over the top, but just naturally beautiful)

Kinnik Sky and Alya (the basketball girl) can go home.

Just a quick correction. Katherine did not sing 'Fever', but rather 'Think' by Aretha Franklin. And yes, she is awesome.

I believe Ayla will stay and the rocker chick is going this week. Not based on last nights' performance but rather the last 2 weeks. Last night she did a great job with the Heart song. I don't think the judges were fair.

Chris

What choo talkin' bout, Willis??? I thought Ayla was horrible last night singing Heart:D

And rocker girl was amazing:)
But, I agree Ayla will probably end up staying. I jsut picked my ideal 6, not who I thought would actually be the top 6.

OK, and my rule of thumb for song titles...since Aretha says "Fever" more times than "Think" the song shall be known as "Fever" by me:P And you will accept that as the new title;):P