rwieder

Any NasCar Fans Here?

I'm watching Nextel Cup Qualifying right now with Track Pass. It's not the worst thing that ever happened! :)
Ya gotta love it. For what ever the reason the cars are running Hoosier Rubber instead of GoodYear, maybe GoodYear is in the penalty box for all of the failures at Lowe's?

--Richard--
Humpy Wheeler Sucks!
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

I am a fan, not diehard by any means. I was force fed Nascar as a kid growing up in Tennessee. I didnt really appreciate it though until I went to my first race in person. It is much more entertaining to be there (with the cooler you brought yourself, full of your own beer:)) than to watch it at home.

As a youngster, I was a Bill Elliot fan. That transformed to Mark Martin, whom I still support, but lately I have become more of a Matt Kenseth fan.

I havent been able to convince my wife to attend a race though. :(

I would really like to go to the night race in Bristol! :)

Goudha is for Buddha, and that's good enough for me!

I was also force fed growing up. But I never went to a race. Around 16 cars just became interesting to me, and I became interested. Lately I havnt had any time to catch any of the races so I have no clue how anyone is doing, but I hope my driver is at least doing some what good.

A man will do anything for the right woman,
and when that woman destroys him,
that man will become a hunk of meat with the common sense of a rodeo clown! ~ Christopher Titus

Ya gotta love it. For what ever the reason the cars are running Hoosier Rubber instead of GoodYear, maybe GoodYear is in the penalty box for all of the failures at Lowe's?

--Richard--
Humpy Wheeler Sucks!

Can you verify that? I can't believe Goodyear would allow that to happen. Here is the tech data for the tires that are supposed to be used at Pocono:
Tire: Goodyear Eagle Speedway Radials
Number of Tires: Left-side -- 1,500; Right-side -- 1,500
Tire Codes: Left-side -- D-4028; Right-side -- D-4032
Tire Circumference: Left-side -- 87.4 in. Right-side -- 88.7 in.
Technical Inspection Inflation:
Left Front -- 26 psi; Left Rear -- 26 psi;
Right Front -- 36 psi; Right Rear -- 36 psi

Minimum Recommended Inflation:
Left Front -- 20 psi; Left Rear -- 18 psi;
> Right Front -- 34 psi; Right Rear -- 31 psi

Hell, yeah! Mark Martin, Kasey Kahne, Carl Edwards, Junior, yeah, buddy! I'm tired of Tony Stewart's whining and crying about 'bump-drafting' then going out on the track and ... bump drafting. He's a jerk. Another 'whiner' is Jeff Gordon.
I'll be watching the truck series tonight... at Texas Speedway! I love NASCAR. Fortunately for me, so does my wife!B|

Chuck

Can you verify that? I can't believe Goodyear would allow that to happen.

I can tell you the driver's were skepitical about the track surface being hot and running the Hossiers during qualifying. They voiced their concerns before getting in their cars. Good Year doesn't have anything to say about what kind of tires the cars run. NasCar dictates that, just like everything else. There have been a lot of tire failures that have been causing the drivers to hit the wall a TON. Stewart broke his clavical week before last at Lowes Motor Speedway, in fact. He cracked it in the Busch Race, Then finished it off in the Nextel Race.

I've looked around for a news story about the tire brand change and can't find one, i'll keep digging. I do know i saw Pre and post qualifying interviews with Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart and Dale Jr. and they were aprehensive about the tire, but after the took the green - white - checkered they said the Hoosiers stuck better than they thought. As far as stats, throw em' away. The tire inflation is dictated by NasCar only at Lowe's Motor Speedway. Crew Cheifs get suspended every week for "Acts Detrimental To Stock Car Driving" Chad Knaus, Todd Berrington and just last week Jeff Burton's Crew Cheif got suspended.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

Another whiner is Jeff Gordon

4 Championships and 72 wins. Need I say more.

Oh yeah, he won those Championships in less than 10 years. When the next person wins his 4th cup...then they can complain about him being a whiner :D.

That's fine... I still don't like him.

Chuck

That was all in fun. I get ribbed for being a Gordon fan all the time.

I grew up in Charlotte, and he is probably more unpopular there than anywhere else. It's actually almost came to a fist fight on several occasions. Damn us NASCAR fans take our stuff serious. B|:D

Jordan

Go Fast, Dock Soft.

That was all in fun. I get ribbed for being a Gordon fan all the time.

I grew up in Charlotte, and he is probably more unpopular there than anywhere else. It's actually almost came to a fist fight on several occasions. Damn us NASCAR fans take our stuff serious. B|:D

I forgot to put the laugh thing at the end of that:$.
Right you are! That's fine, if you like Gordon... just so long as you like NASCAR. I may not like the guy but, he does know how to win! Seems like he just can't quite get it, this year. The season ain't over, yet. So far, it's been pretty good!

Chuck

Seems like he just can't quite get it, this year.

Ain't that the truth. This year is starting to look like it may be a repeat of last year. B|

Except, Kasey Kahne is doing better. I was sure tickled to see Carl Edwards win the Busch race. Denny Hamlin, winning the Nextel, wasn't bad either.
Other than that, I believe, you are right. Except for one big thing... Tony ain't doing sos good!:D:D:D I cant stand that arrogant so and so.

Chuck

Except, Kasey Kahne is doing better. I was sure tickled to see Carl Edwards win the Busch race. Denny Hamlin, winning the Nextel, wasn't bad either.
Other than that, I believe, you are right. Except for one big thing... Tony ain't doing sos good! I cant stand that arrogant so and so.

I was more talking about Jeff's year. Jimmie is up there again....but he has been every year since he started. Kasey's doing good...I like him, mostly because of Ray. There are some suprises in there though, Denny is one of them....especially in the 11 car. Gibbs is good at picking talent...I'll give him that. Plus Labonte is doing pretty good with Petty's old car. Carl Edwards has surprised the hell out of me too....not doing to hot this year. And Biffle too, although his luck seems to be turning around.

Man, I love me some NASCAR. I'm glad that I get to watch the races out here this time around. Wasn't as lucky last time (april 03-04) and missed most of the season. First time I didn't watch most of the races in probably about 15 years.

Jordan

Go Fast, Dock Soft.

I enjoy NASCAR and remember watching on Saturdays on ABC's Wide World of Sports. NASCAR has become so commercialized that it detracts from the good old paint swappin and such.

I like Michael Waltrip, he's funny, honest, and hard working. Don't know too much about some of the new young guns unfortunately. I did meet Jeff Gordon once at an auto parts store and still think he's a pussy.

On my drive down to GA from OH I stopped at DEI. Recommend that stop to anyone.

VIRTUS JUNXIT MORS NON SEPARABIT

I never got into being a diehard fan, but got to attend a Nascar event in Pomona, California while serving with the Marines in 2000. Our comany was asked to provide security for the event, and I felt sorry for the grunts who got stuck gaurding the elevators while I was posted in the grandstands right up next to the track. Got to see a 2-car wreck at god knows what speed.

Scariest shit I ever saw outside of a firefight. I would agree tho that seeing a race in person is way more exciting than watching it on TV. Same goes for a ballgame.

I stopped at DEI. Recommend that stop to anyone.

Definitely, and that isn't even the nicest out there. I'd also recommend the Rousch shop, Richard Childers (RCR), Yates, all there in Mooresville. Shoot over to Concord and hit up Hendrick Motorsports also. Rusty opened a new shop in Mooresville as well. 95% of the Cup, Busch, and Craftsman teams are within about a 30 mile radius of Charlotte.

If anyone is even remotely interested in NASCAR and is ever passing through the area. Stop by pretty much any gas station or what not they'll have a map of where all the shops in the area are. They are all well worth the visit.

The joys of growing up in Charlotte.

Jordan

Go Fast, Dock Soft.

Other than that, I believe, you are right. Except for one big thing... Tony ain't doing sos good! I cant stand that arrogant so and so.

I was more talking about Jeff's year. Jimmie is up there again....but he has been every year since he started. Kasey's doing good...I like him, mostly because of Ray. There are some suprises in there though, Denny is one of them....especially in the 11 car. Gibbs is good at picking talent...I'll give him that. Plus Labonte is doing pretty good with Petty's old car. Carl Edwards has surprised the hell out of me too....not doing to hot this year. And Biffle too, although his luck seems to be turning around.

Man, I love me some NASCAR. I'm glad that I get to watch the races out here this time around. Wasn't as lucky last time (april 03-04) and missed most of the season. First time I didn't watch most of the races in probably about 15 years.

Considering where you are at and what you are doing, I hope, you get to watch a whole bunch of races! Keep your powder dry and thanks, for what you are doing. I'm grateful to you and all our troops over there or wherever they are stationed.

Chuck

Nothin' like NASCAR! What do you think of Toyota being involved, next Nextel seasion?
Considering where you are at and what you are doing, I hope, you get to watch a whole bunch of races! Keep your powder dry and thanks, for what you are doing. I'm grateful to you and all our troops over there or wherever they are stationed.

\

Yep, I love it. Wow, Toyota. I can't use the excuse I want to (they should only allow American made makes), because technically they are "American" cars. Personally I don't think its gonna be such a big deal, at least I hope not. Toyota has a lot of money and I just hope they don't jump in and dominate (I'm a Chevy man, and would be B| to be beat by a damn Toyota :D).

I wish NASCAR wouldn't have allowed them in. But it's already done....so now I just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope the trucks are an indication of what to expect. They are competitive, but not dominant. I like competition, not domination.

Jordan

Go Fast, Dock Soft.