ACMESkydiver

New thread to tidy up the GFD closing pins

Here is all of the info:

FRONT: Girlfalldown
BACK: Shannon 6/71 - 5/06

$11 per pin. That will be the marked closing pin, and I'll attach it to a jump ring so you can hang it off a necklace, chain, or keychain. (I am NOT doing necklaces as well, I'm very sorry guys. It was such a completely stressful nightmare last time, and costs have really gone up on those materials. ) No profit will be made from your money. The $11 covers cost of materials, metal marking, shipping, and rush fees. Any overage will go to make pins for Bob, which he will be able to distro however he chooses. Any money beyond that will go to the animal charity that Bob has set up in her name, however I doubt there will be any further money.

If you'd like one or 2 or however many, please pay into my PayPal account, which is [email protected]. Then I'll need you to send me a message letting me know to give it to you at the Memorial, or an address to mail it to.

If PayPal absolutely won't work for you, I will give you my personal account # at Bank of America to deposit into from any branch. I would prefer to keep that to a minimum, however.

The process of metal marking is firing on a black ceramic atop the stainless steel pin. The ceramic will begin to fade with time and daily wear.

I had checked into actual engraving, and whereas it would perhaps be more durable, it was difficult for my engraver to give me a firm answer on whether she could line up her equipment to match the curve without the letters looking disjointed and off, and the pricing was going to be fairly high.

I took pins to a jeweler as well, and the pricing was even higher. [:/] They also had concerns about engraving stainless steel.

Please DO NOT use these closing pins in your rig. The fired ceramic is the tiniest bit raised, and could potentially fray your closing loop prematurely. Besides, the riggers of being pulled through a closing loop repeatedly would most certainly fade the letters at a rapid rate.

Attached is a pic of closing pins I did for another friend just to give you an idea.

If you would like one, I'll need you to please let me know ASAP, as I have to order the pins from Florida in a rush bulk shipment, and get on the metal-worker's schedule for marking.

I saw another thread about GFD patches, which I think is also very cool. I'll be getting one of those, too. B| And the panties idea is cute!! :ph34r:

Love to all. I feel more connected even now as the PM's start coming in, thank you so much for letting me help in some small way. :)
EDIT TO ADD: Please everyone...list your dz.com username somewhere in the notes when you PayPal...many of us don't list our full names in our profiles, and I would feel terrible if I confused you with someone else. :ph34r:
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I make customized jewelz and would be willing to take on that task of necklaces for those who would like one w. Shannon's closing pin.

Here are some of the closing pin necklaces I've made. Any profit will go to BestFriends.org w. the rest of the dz.com donations.

I was thinking blue Swarovskis for the crystal necklaces since that was the color of her gear. Swarovski has a very beautiful Capri Blue that will be perfect!

I can also use custom beads (non swarovski crystals) and come up w. a necklace in almost any price range. I offer consultations w. each piece so you are assured to receive a necklace you'll love. You'll be involved in every step of the process to assure excellent customer service.

I hope this is not construed as an add and removed. ALL the profits will go to Shannon's BestFriends.org foundation/donation.

Count me in for 2 closing pins too. Money sent!
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Um Mikey...you didn't tell me where to send it, silly! :ph34r:

You didn't read the email, Red!! :P

Hang on to them for a bit... I need to talk to The Diminutive One ® about getting a new necklace made... so I may just have you send them to her...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I'm just an amature too. Glad you like the jewelz.

Anything I can do to help. Shannon always had kind words and of course witty comments to make me laugh when the going was tough.
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

I just heard from Bob and he had AWESOME suggestions. Shannon loved her Blue, Orange, and Gold combo since it was obnoxious. After hearing that I thought of the PERFECT necklace to honor her!

Here is what I will call the GFD Closing Pin Necklace
I will use these Blue & Orange Crystals (It's hard to see the orange on the crystals but it's in there, promise! It's not a great pic of them but the damn crystals are so hard to photograph) and gold accent beads instead of the orange ones between the crystals in the photo.

Does that seem like something you'd enjoy? I think it will look really nice. I will make one tomorrow and try and take a picture of it to post. The bead stores are closed now but I'll get on it tomorrow am. I have a busy day tomorrow but will try to post Friday night.
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Very pretty! I do beaded and leather necklaces when I dabble, I have never been good at crystal stuff. :$

This took me hours. :S I'm such a dork, but I picked each bead and stone and symbol intentionally for each of the people represented.

I made a similar one to the mom of one deceased and widow of another. Leather cords for the rest o' the family. :)
~Jaye

Ordering info for the GFD crystal closing pin necklace:
The cost is $62 and that includes shipping and handiling. (Doh! Sorry had to adjust the cost since you all are providing the closing pin). If anyone paypaled already I'll refund you the $3 or use it for an additional donation.

You can use PayPal w. the email address: [email protected].
Please include an extra $2 if you will use PayPal. I do not make much profit off of my jewelz at all so I want to make sure we can make a donation to BF.org even if PayPal is used. I hope this is alright.

or

you can mail checks to:
Paige Rudolph
5023 Westwinds Dr.
Orlando, FL 32819
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

That is BEAUTIFUL! Using beads that have personal meaning always turns out to make such incredible pieces (if that makes sense, I'm running on empty right now- I'm actually off to dinner her in a few minutes).

I can't find a place to get the leather cords and ends cheap. Any tips or sites you use? I'll be glad to pass on my cheap crystal sites in exchange.
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

I can't find a place to get the leather cords and ends cheap. Any tips or sites you use?

No sweeetie, that's why I gave up trying to do them to go with the closing pins. [:/] They went from ordering bulk, getting down to a few dollars cost each, to totalling more than I was charging for the pin and necklace alone at wholesale. :S Dang suppliers! >:( And they wouldn't get more of my original SKU# items in; all they had in (yeah, right) was stuff that was literally double the price of what I had projected the cost on and had projected our group donations based on to Search and Rescue, too. :( -So really, what was I gonna do? I had to deliver on what I promised, I just couldn't say 'sorry, I know I said I could do this but due to supply errors I can't' -in a business environment, sure, stuff happens. But these were my friends and Josh's family. Hell no I wasn't gonna let them down.

It cost me a bundle but you know I still felt really good after finishing the project. :)
If I find someone reputable to get good cord from (and another lesson learned -genuine leather is NOT the best. It is too fragile, and breaks down with perspiration and stretches too easily) I will definitely send you their info. :)
~Jaye

If PayPal absolutely won't work for you, I will give you my personal account # at Bank of America to deposit into from any branch. I would prefer to keep that to a minimum, however.

Please do not give your account # out. Even if you trust the people here not to do anything bad with it, it could still get "hijacked" in transit. If they don't use paypal, just have them email you a check.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Wow...:| I mean wow. I have almost 100 pins spoken for in under 24 hours.

That's freaking amazing.

That and all of the patches, and thong panties (:ph34r:) there will be GFD paraphernalia everywhere across the country! B|
~Jaye

Everything that is happening w. donations, closing pins, and patches is such a testimate to the kind of person she was. Even after she's left this waking life, she is still impacting everyone in such a positive way. What a great legacy she has left behind.
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com