PLFXpert

Habla Espanol? Si, hablo Espanol.

Ahhhh, grasshoppa.

First, you must teach me how to type the symbol thingies. I don't see them on my keyboard

Try this. It may/may not be what you're looking for.

Go to START
Programs
Accessories
System Tools
Character Map

When you click on one of the symbols, if you can use it, it'll show what keys to press on the right side of the window.

For example, pressing and holding the "alt" button while pushing in sequence, the numbers 0162, will give you this:

¢

Not in that color, mind you. I just did that for effect! :)
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

Ya'll are so sweet to give me directions.

But alas, unless there's a shortcut like Control "O" to make a symbol over the "o" then I'm not in to it.

Too much work.

I already spend far too much time re-reading my own posts:D
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Showoff! :P

ME? :o

Nah....I have to thank my honey for my knowledge. I aggravate the hell out of him asking questions all of the time, trying to learn how to do new things! Fortunately, he compares my enthusiasm towards everything to the attitude of a Jack Russell, so he indulges me. Good thing I'm cute, huh? :)
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

How is bootie in Spanish?

Or do you want to know how to say "Bootie"? "Como se dice 'bootie' en Espanol?" (I can't be bothered with the accents and special characters either......:P) Slang would be Cola (tail) if I am not mistaken.

How is bootie in Spanish?

Or do you want to know how to say "Bootie"? "Como se dice 'bootie' en Espanol?" (I can't be bothered with the accents and special characters either......:P) Slang would be Cola (tail) if I am not mistaken.

i thought it said that ;)

but I knew what PLF was trying to say
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

Guess you need more CDs.....:P My Spanish is OK for travel, but its not good enough for working with Spanish speaking customers or any real conversation. I was taking classes, but the location is no longer convenient for me. My goal was to achieve a level of fluency (reading, writing and proper grammar in addition to conversation) at some point, so I'll need to figure something out.

Anyone ever learned a new language as an adult?

poco español

In the last six years I have learned very, very little spanish, even though 99% of the factory workers native tongue is spanish. I suck at learning foregion languages...well, except for geek.

But it is funny, they assume I don't understand 99% of what they are saying. Today, a supervisor needed a private place to hash out problems between a couple of people...and he wanted to use my office. I started standing up, and he said no need to leave, by which he meant since I didn't understand spanish, I didn't need to leave. I did ask the people the supervisor brought in if they would prefer I leave, but the answer was a quick, you don't understand spanish, right (or words to that affect.) And it probably didn't hurt that I am know as someone who treats everyone the same, ethinicity doesn't matter.

But the funny part is, I can understand just enough to get the jist of the conversation...who was having a problem with whom. Who was in hot water, etc. Not sure I really understood the situation, but the dynamics, you bet. And I was still focused on the problem I was working on. Easy to tune out...

One of my favorite stories along this line...a professor I detest. Had two native spanish speakers who took a lot of classes from him. Sometimes they would just go off talking in spanish right in front of him. I heard he would just smile, and continue on with what he was doing.

Then one day, a year or so later, the proffesor dives into one of there spanish conversations, and has a nice long chat with them.

Turns out he is LDS and served a mission where he learned to speak fluent spanish. From what I heard those two were ready to crawl under the nearest table or run from the room. They didn't like the proffesor much either (not many people did), and probably didn't say too many nice things about him.

J

Nope, I am not LDS, nor am I going to say one word about my feelings about LDSers.
Arch? I can arch just fine with my back to the ground.