RastaRicanAir

Been trying to hold it in, but....

To lose something, is to fail to retain it, win it, or take advantage of it.
To loose something, is to release, undo, or let fly with it.

EG: If you lose your car keys, it means you can't locate them. If you loose them, it means you've released them into the wild to fend for themselves.

You can lose your temper, then loose your wrath, but it's grammatically improbable to loose your temper directly.

And of course, if one day you "lose your sh*t," I hope I can help calm you down. But if you "loose your sh*t," I will have to immediately leave the room.

Carry On. :)
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

things like that annoy the crap outta me.

There is a book out there that is called "Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation" http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1592400876/sr=8-1/qid=1150391627/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-4975952-0867049?%5Fencoding=UTF8

the back cover explains the title, and is somewhat humerous. it gives you some insight as to the approach taken by the author.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/sitbv3/reader/ref=sib_dp_pop_bc/103-4975952-0867049?%5Fencoding=UTF8&pageID=S070&asin=1592400876

Beleive it or not, its actually VERY well written, and if you find yourself annoyed at the lose/loose its/it's stuff, you will enjoy reading it. I actually stood for 15 mins in the bookstore being entertained by it. Now if only my english teachers could have been so entertaining, I wouldnt NEED that book today.
Two wrongs don't make a right, however three lefts DO!

Love that book. I'm reading another one of her books right now, Talk to the Hand.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

There needs to be a post done for your/you're and there/their/they're.

I am guilty of that. Most the time I type faster than I think. Oh yeah what about than and then?
I am pretty good with lose and loose though. After my mom made a jackass out of me for making that mistake over and over. She finally called me on it.
I may not agree with what you have to say but i'll defend to the death your right to say it.

To lose something, is to fail to retain it, win it, or take advantage of it.
To loose something, is to release, undo, or let fly with it.

EG: If you lose your car keys, it means you can't locate them. If you loose them, it means you've released them into the wild to fend for themselves.

You can lose your temper, then loose your wrath, but it's grammatically improbable to loose your temper directly.

And of course, if one day you "lose your sh*t," I hope I can help calm you down. But if you "loose your sh*t," I will have to immediately leave the room.

Carry On. :)

Boy, you must be bored!
-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

Love that book. I'm reading another one of her books right now, Talk to the Hand.

Ruh-roh....this thread is going to take a sharp turn.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

one way that's easiest to use to remember this is that lose lost an o

also between dessert & desert, in a deset an s deserted ran away...

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

People who think spelling and grammar aren't important have probably never sent out meeting minutes with "hard disks" misspelled as "hard dicks". :$ I had a hell of a time explaining how we were going to distribute those to our customers.
Doctor I ain't gonna die,
Just write me an alibi! ---- Lemmy/Slash

People who think spelling and grammar aren't important have probably never sent out meeting minutes with "hard disks" misspelled as "hard dicks". :$ I had a hell of a time explaining how we were going to distribute those to our customers.

Those are the same people who think spell check will fix everything! At my first job out of college (where we did a lot of consulting for the public sector), we actually took the word "pubic" out of the spell-checker so that it would always be flagged. :D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

To whom? B| And whose? :o

If i send them over there, they're probably going to get their little helmeted heads in trouble. In other words, if I let them loose, someone is bound to lose something.

Jesus, I need a vacation. :S And a beer.
Doctor I ain't gonna die,
Just write me an alibi! ---- Lemmy/Slash