Zipp0

Help - My beagle is acting insane!!

My normally sorta calm beagle is acting crazy. He seems anxious, will not sit down, is licking the hind end of our other male dog more than usual, whine, and barks when it is time to sleep. He is a male.

Could a neighbor's female dog be in heat, and driving his sensative nose nuts? (or his nuts nuts...whatever)

Help!

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

He seems anxious, will not sit down, is licking the hind end of our other male dog more than usual, whine, and barks when it is time to sleep. He is a male.

Face it man.............your dog is gay. :D

Seriously..........if you live in an earthquake or Tsunami zone.........be ready. :D

A beagle you say?

Well, it's that time of year. What's it like where you live? Is it city or more rural? It's the hunting dog in him.

A beagle will do anything to get out of the house when this feeling strikes him/her. It'll join up with a pack of other dogs, and can end up MILES away from home. A lot of the time they come back, sometimes they don't.

There might not be much you can do other then protect your valuables and be VERY watchful of him when he is outdoors.

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

A beagle you say?

Well, it's that time of year. What's it like where you live? Is it city or more rural? It's the hunting dog in him.

A beagle will do anything to get out of the house when this feeling strikes him/her. It'll join up with a pack of other dogs, and can end up MILES away from home. A lot of the time they come back, sometimes they don't.

There might not be much you can do other then protect your valuables and be VERY watchful of him when he is outdoors.

Nah. I can put him out with no leash and he comes right back in. And this behavior is new.

If it keeps up, maybe take him to the vet. It is possible this is him reacting to something being not quite right...
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

A vet visit will happen if no change this weekend. He's a young, healthy dog, so it's probably hormones or something simple. He may due to lose the family jewels....

See attached for a photo I just took tonight of Buddy the beagle, with his victim Leo in the background. Mamiya 645 Super with polaroid film back, for those who care about such things.