winston_06

boyfriends who dont skydive....

If you two don't see each other much what's the point of being together.
Spend some time with your man, and evaulate weather or not he is what you want.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

If you two don't see each other much what's the point of being together.
Spend some time with your man, and evaulate weather or not he is what you want.

Precisely ;) As long as you and your S.O. are faithful, honest and loving toward one another, I don't think a relationship works or doesn't work, based on someone being a skydiver.

i know what your all saying but the reason we argue is because i skydive....and there is no way i will ever give the sport up or stop going away at weekends...so in a way i need to get a boyfriend who i can skydive with! then i will spend more time with them and we can both understand why we are skint ! haha but my boyfriend now will never ever do it....maybe a tandem....mmm..... [:/]

Y'know, back in the day I'd have a student that really showed promise and enthusiasm. After the initial jump, their girlfriend (usually, or boyfriend) would be on the DZ yawning, etc., and each weekend thereafter would get more and more annoyed with the whole thing. Anyhoo, when a kid showed promise and the desire to get into the sport, I'd often advise: If you want to skydive, be prepared to lose your girlfriend and your regular friends. WE'RE your family now.

And how true that tended to be.

Dances
Muff Brother #2169

"You can take the girl out of the sky, but not the sky out of the girl!"

he's either insecure and has trust issues, or he has seperation anxiety and he gets angry instead of calmly discussing it.

if your skydiving is the only issue then have a discussion (not an argument) about it and see what you feel you need to do at the end of it.

blue skies!
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

Does he have a passion of his own? Maybe he needs one to understand how you feel about skydiving... encourage him to do something!

I have a non-skydiver boyfriend and it's working out perfectly fine because he is into taekwondo and understands the whole passion thing. Infact he always tells me how much he likes it that I love jumping! I guess its a bonus that he works all day Saturday so me going to the DZ doesn't really hinder "us" time..

Is he mad because he is worried about you jumping out of possibly malfunction airplanes and is afraid you'll get hurt?
Or are you guys upset simply because you don't spend as much time together as you would like to?

If he is worth it, then you could work something out.
He probably cannot change the fact that he works all week, gotta make money to live in this world.

However, if he really means anything to you, you could, pardon the blasphemy, not skydive -cringe- once in a while and spend some time with him.

However, if it is because he is worried you will get hurt while skydiving and can't accept that you are being as safe as you can, dump his (explicit)!

I haven't even started my jump training, I am saving up for it. This girl I am interested in says she doesn't think she could handle me jumping out of planes. I told her either get used to it, or we won't be able to move past friendship status.
I can always find another girl, but there is only one sport where I get to fall at over 120mph that is named skydiving.

Jodans

I'm a nobody, nobody is perfect, therefore I'm perfect.