McDuck

Goose-stepping

Do you know people that you constantly have to be careful around, whether it's because they're overly sensitive, overly critical or think the world is waiting to devour them messily and leave only DNA evidence behind?

How do you interact with these people? Or DO you?
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

when I saw this title I was thinking of somethig eiles. Me I don't cater to people like that my life and the world is what it is. Dosn't mean I go out of my way to be mean but I don't sugar coat it. Hasn't got me in to much trouble shure there have been complaints by some people at work ect but I've always been with in acepitable standards. If thay want to complain let them have at it I'm not wasting my time worring about them.
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

I work with one. She used to alternate driving me nuts and scaring the hell outta me. I got sick of letting someone else's mood or behavior dictate how my day was going to proceed so i just ignore her now and ya know what??? now that she's not getting the attention it's actually getting better. good luck!

I'm going to make a great third wife for my first husband....

In our "house hold" it is called walking on egg shells...and yes...my mother is that person...good Lord someone get her some pills!!:D[:/];)

Bobbi

So your mother's the crazy nieghbor lady???:o:o:o Is that a metaphor???:S:P
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

I've never heard of this term. It does seem to go along with your McDuck user name. Do you have some weird obsession with fowl? :P

To answer your question, I tend to not deal with these type of people. I don't like drama, it's exhausting.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I don't. A lifetime of trial and error has taught me that trying to deal with peope like that on any level (theirs, mine, a neutral one, whatever) just gets me sucked into the vortex of their dysfunction. I've learned to spot the personality type early on, and just steer clear. Avoidance is the best way.

Whats THAT supposed to mean??????????

just kidding.

I prefer to steer clear of these people. Unfortunately in my career I get stuck with em sometimes for three to for months at a time and it is like freakin oral surgery dealing with em. I have found that since I am stuck with them, I HAVE to deal with it and it makes me a better person, (or at least more patient,) trying to deal with situations amicably. But outside of the work life these people have no place for me. They are vultures trying to suck up all your time with their insignificant nonsense....I think they should take up skydiving so they get a reality check ..... It also really sucks to have family members like that, there's no escape from it!!! Sometimes tactful sarcasm sends a solid message.

P.S. - I like to drink.... alcohol helps too!!!

******Today is one day too late.********

I've never heard of this term.

Me either, not this way anyhoo. I always thought of goose stepping as the way the Nazis would march around like they wanted to kick somebody's ass with their big boots.

But sometimes that's a good way to deal with the people you're describing. I mean hell, with the wonderful meds available to them nowadays, why should we put up with them at all ??

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

I try to make them more paranoid.

It's fun.

You're my kind of Soylent Green. :P

And I like that you've got that devious streak. :ph34r:
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC

I've never heard of this term. It does seem to go along with your McDuck user name. Do you have some weird obsession with fowl? :P

C'mon, don't you like smirking Ducks? :P

Oh shit how could I forget her?? Yes, CNL is another person that you have to "goose step" around too.

Thanks for reminding me Stitch!!;):)
Thats why I am slightly off...I have two crazy people that I deal with on a daily basis.

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

As a RN I see this often. Women are very into this... Me personally??? I don't play games. I don't care if someone likes what I say or do or not. I know right from wrong and I don't cater to other's hysteria.

I do however, look that person in the face and confront whatever it is that I feel others are goose-stepping. It usually ends there. If not I continue to speak boldly where few will go...it does quieten down.
IF you are going to be Stupid - you better be tough!

I thought by reading "Goose Stepping" this was going to be another thread about poop. I was way off.

I don't watch what I say around those individuals. If they cant hold a regular conversation with someone without getting offended then they should break out the bon bons and attach their ass to the couch.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

I refer to this as trying to make me "walk on eggshells" around them. (semantics aside). Goose-stepping around them for awhile puts the shoe on the other foot. ;)
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Do you know people that you constantly have to be careful around, whether it's because they're overly sensitive, overly critical or think the world is supposed be waiting on them hand and foot because of an inflated ego or because their emotional development arrested at the playground bully stage??

I egg him on...the idiot is so easy to get going...he just can't help himself. Thanks for all the entertainment, Davey.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Do you know people that you constantly have to be careful around, whether it's because they're overly sensitive, overly critical or think the world is waiting to devour them messily and leave only DNA evidence behind?

They usually don't hang around me for very long, so the problem kind of takes care of itself.

Walt

***How do you interact with these people?

I alternate between talking in a whisper to my hand (like a sock puppet) and barking when the phone rings. It fucks 'em up.:S:D

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

Sometimes I think I am one of these people... :$

Yeah ok not really... :P
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

goose-step (gsstp)
intr.v. goose-·stepped, goose-·step·ping, goose-·steps
To march in such a way that the legs swing sharply from the hips and the knees are locked.

whatever. :P I try to steer clear of those types of people. I guess they come in different flavors, though. I actually do know some people (a few in my family:o) who are like that. Constantly putting themselves in a state of anxiety over this or that, fluttering & hovering around like hummingbirds of emotional neediness. I don't know why these people choose to live like that, I guess they can't help it.

I've noticed as I get older I tend to worry less & less about shit, but for these people, they seem to worry MORE as they get older. I don't get that.:|
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------