teason

Jumper on satelite photo

One of my jumpers found a parachute in the air at our DZ's satelite photo on google earth!

Considering we had crappy weather last year, what are the odds!

The co-ords are 49 33'11.22"N 96 40'43.06W
The Canopy is over the grass strip coming in for a landing. You can see his shadow and the radio controller is also visable on the strip (it's a student canopy).

I never would've believed it if I hadn't seen it.:)
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

Using Google Earth, is there any way to determine the date of a picture? Just looked up where I live, and know it isn't current w/in the last 6 months, just wondering if there is a way to tell aprox. when it was taken.
Killing threads since 2004.

Using Google Earth, is there any way to determine the date of a picture? Just looked up where I live, and know it isn't current w/in the last 6 months, just wondering if there is a way to tell aprox. when it was taken.

Keep a copy of today's paper on your roof at all times.

I don't know how to determine the date of the photo, but I do know that the images are updated periodically. The first time I looked up my home, I thought "Oh. That's neat." About 3 months later I looked it up again and my car had magically appeared in the driveway!

Matt

I don't know how to determine the date of the photo, but I do know that the images are updated periodically. The first time I looked up my home, I thought "Oh. That's neat." About 3 months later I looked it up again and my car had magically appeared in the driveway!

I actually looked closer and saw my travel trailer in transit to where it is currently parked, so in the end I actually know the exact day of the photo.

My parents are anxiously awaiting their new pool to show up in the pic of their house.
Killing threads since 2004.