Lindercles

The Aurora Borealis

At this time of year?
At this time of day?
In this part of the country?
Localized entirely within your kitchen?!

May I see it?

No, now shutup and eat your steamed hams. :|
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

When I saw it what struck me as incredible was how tall the lights are. They had never been described to me that way, and I had always envisioned a colorful, wiggling, wispy little cloud. But the real thing looks like a curtain that's a hundred miles wide and even taller than it is wide, so that the top just vanishes away into infinity.:o

Ok, so I know that it's not actually infinitely tall, but it sure looks like it.

Matt

At this time of year?
At this time of day?
In this part of the country?
Localized entirely within your kitchen?!

May I see it?

I imagine youd get some weather phenomenon in your kitchen if you cranked up both your AC and oven to full blast. Maybe some clouds. Maybe even the Aurora Borealis :ph34r::D.

I have seen some incredibly beautiful ones in the summer when I was growing up in North Dakota, you could lay out in the back yard and watch the skies for hours

Yea, the same thing happened to me here in Fl. back in the 70's.
Oh, that was a cow pasture.

Don't know about the kitchen, but I've seen the Aurora Borealis twice since moving to the IL/WI area four years ago! I didn't know it was possible to see it this far south.:)

Hey I was at sky knights last week. That pac is sweet. So is the cessna. Climbs pretty damn fast
I may not agree with what you have to say but i'll defend to the death your right to say it.

Yeah, I really like the Pac. All five of my jumps there have been out of that plane. It's still veru new, so it's all clean ans pristine.

Haven't been out there for past few weeks. Was going to today but life got in the way. Oh well. Ravin is a verry cool guy.:)
See you there sometime.:)

Matt

well unfortunatly if you see me there it wont be for over a year. I was just in racine on vacation. My friend took me up there. She is supposed to start AFF pretty soon. Hopefully she does so we can jump together next time im there.
I may not agree with what you have to say but i'll defend to the death your right to say it.