drdiesel

TOOL - 10,000 days

You're spiting the artist too.

You're right - I'll go out now and send Maynard the dime he would've made from me. But I own all the past CDs, so he's already made a mint from me (about 40 cents).
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

You're right - I'll go out now and send Maynard the dime he would've made from me. But I own all the past CDs, so he's already made a mint from me (about 40 cents).

Oh sorry - I didn't realize that justified it. Thanks for clearing it up :S

You don't support their concerts (so you say), you'd rather pirate their cd's (so you say) - so how exactly do you support good bands?

Blues.
To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. ~ Lao-Tzu

It's all good, they're my brothers ~ Mariann Kramer

i'm a huge tool fan... i've got everything they have put out. was very glad to see the album finally come out... been listening to it for a couple of days now... mixed reviews so far, mostly good... some of it is too similar to lateralus though. but then again, some of it is quite novel and fresh. don't get me wrong, i'm not for bands trying to reinvent themselves w/ every album. a more natural evolution rather than a more poised and artificial recreation is definitely desired. i think this album fits the former, not the later, but w/ every tool album, as w/ an union, i have to listen and relisten to get under the multiple layers that are laid within. the band is rather ingenious.

so far "the pot" is my fave, track 5. it is to be played at full tilt. repeatedly.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

This is just fucking amazing.. Tool is just a band yet we as fans feel strongly enough about the music we dedicate 550+ views and 28 posts to talk about their new album on a skydiving website. I'd understand this on a Tool-fansite or something. You don't see this much discussion about any other bands release, specially a week after it's hit the streets.

Just figured I'd add to the banter.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

NIN got a bunch of reads on this website too.:P just a matter of appreciating some good music....

i am really liking the new album and can't wait until they tour. i've read nothing but good stuff about tool's shows to date. guaranteed that when they tour anywhere near FL, i'm there.

The closest they played to me was Dallas on Monday the 8th. I wasn't ready, tickets were $200-900 too. Hopefully once they get back from Europe they'll make another US swing and catch Houston. :S

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

i think i read on their website that the first swing thru the US is for tool to play a few smaller venues just to give us a sample. then they'll do europe, returning to the US to take care of the rest of us f-ers that weren't located near the initial dates. :P

so when the tickets go on sale, buy them regardless. at least if you don't want/need them, you can sell them to people at cost on the tool website or somewhere like craigslist.org and take away the opportunity for them to be scalped.

listened to 10,000 days several times on my road trip out to san antonio to see ministry this past weekend. i'm liking it more and more with each listen. it took me awhile to get into lateralus too, and now it's my favorite next to aenima.

and slappie: FYI- tool came through texas 3 different times on thier tour for lateralus. i got to see them july of 02 in houston and nov. of 02 in beaumont. they'll most likely be back through texas.
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

looks like we're not the only ones that like tool. :Dobviously this doesn't include those that rip 'em off because they feel they deserve that. :S

NEW YORK (May 10) - Rock acts grabbed the top two slots on the U.S. album charts Wednesday, with Tool's "10,000 Days" more than doubling the sales of Pearl Jam 's self-titled set.

Metal band Tool sold a career-best 564,000 copies of its latest release in the week ended May 7, according to Nielsen SoundScan data. Its previous album, 2001's "Lateralus," also opened at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, with sales of 555,000 units. It has sold more than 2.3 million to date.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hmmm, I was basing that information on this website, which I got linked to from the McFarlin Auditorium website, which is where they played in Dallas.

But I just noticed this:

Please Note: Tool tickets may be sold for more than the price listed on the ticket. Unless specifically stated, we are not affiliated with the official Tool website, the Tool box office or any Tool fan clubs, partners, or sponsors.

So where can you get tickets for face value? I can't seem to find anywhere online.

This is just fucking amazing.. Tool is just a band yet we as fans feel strongly enough about the music we dedicate 550+ views and 28 posts to talk about their new album on a skydiving website. I'd understand this on a Tool-fansite or something. You don't see this much discussion about any other bands release, specially a week after it's hit the streets.

Just figured I'd add to the banter.

True that! Just amazing. I'm on the road for work this week in Philly and when I walked into the record store to get the CD, there was a visceral excitement as I went in search for my copy... and then elation... like a silly little school boy. :$:D

from "the pot"

"Now you weep all shades of chosen indigo,
got a’ lemon juice up in your eye.
When you pissed all over my black kettle"

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

This is what happens when you rush the stage at a Tool concert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-xsr-t0vR8&search=maynard

(Notice how he continues singing)

:D

Can't wait for Saturday... got front row center on the first balcony for the Chicago show B|

Hahaha that was ownage!

What do you do when someone throws a big planet at you?
Throw your pilot chute in defense!

from the tool website:

MORE TOUR DATES

Here are SOME more shows from the Isis/TOOL Summer/Fall tour that have now been confirmed. I'll post more once they are confirmed... and any additional information about ticket sales, etc.

2006 05 Aug San Diego CA US Street Scene

Wed-Aug 30-06 Englewood, CO/Coors Amphitheater
Fri-Sep 1-06 Las Vegas, NV/Theater Under the Stars
Sat-Sep 2-06 Marysville, CA/Sleep Train Amphitheater
Sun-Sep 3-06 Oakland, CA/Oakland Arena
Tue-Sep 5-06 Bakersfield, CA/Rabobank Arena
Thu-Sep 7-06 Los Angeles, CA/Staples Center
Mon-Sep 11-06 The Woodlands, TX/Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion
Tue-Sep 12-06 San Antonio, TX/ AT&T Center
Thu-Sep 14-06 Dallas, TX/American Airlines Center
Fri-Sep 15-06 Kansas City, MO/Kemper Arena
Sat-Sep 16-06 Minneapolis, MN/Target Center
Mon-Sep 18-06 Chicago, IL/Allstate Arena
Thu-Sep 21-06 Columbus, OH/Nationwide Arena
Fri-Sep 22-06 Detroit, MI/Palace of Auburn Hills
Sat-Sep 23-06 Toronto/Molson Amphitheater
Mon-Sep 25-06 Cleveland, OH/Wolstein Center
Thu-Sep 28-06 Camden, NJ/Tweeter Center
Fri-Sep 29-06 Mansfield, MA/Tweeter Center

they still need to play in something smaller than an arena for me to even go. :|

Well then, I guess you're not going to see them then. You're about 10 years too late for that. The first time I ever saw them was in a small venue, but that'll never happen again. :|