yardhippie

Let's go swimming in my kitchen!

Yup, you heard me right. Maybe even skiing.
Got home bout the usual time. I was thinking how nice it was going to be to just have a quiet night at the house. I open our front door to a water covered floor and a washing machine hose spraying hot water where ever it can. This was at 5:45.
Three 6 gallon shop vacs, most the linen closet, a king and full size comfoter, one trip to home depot, a new box fan, two new hoses, and 5 hours later, i get to sit down. What a shitty ass night.

We may loose some of our laminate floor. We did loose the carpet in the closet, but other than that, we may be ok.

Damn Im glad tommorow is Friday.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Oh man, I feel your pain, for I have been there. My catastrophe was actually an upstairs neighbor's washing machine that destroyed her floor, my ceiling, my furniture, and my floor. I'll send something vibe-ish your way.

Matt

You should put stainless steel braided hoses on that thing.

meh... hindsight is usually 20/20...[:/]

Washer and dryer were already here when we bought the place.[:/]
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Oh man, I feel your pain, for I have been there. My catastrophe was actually an upstairs neighbor's washing machine that destroyed her floor, my ceiling, my furniture, and my floor. I'll send something vibe-ish your way.

Thus why I insist on living upstairs.

That sux Bro! Life is like wiping your ass on a bicycle tire..the shit just keeps coming back around. Grab a beer and take a chill pill. It'll be better next week.
"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

That sux Bro! Life is like wiping your ass on a bicycle tire..the shit just keeps coming back around. Grab a beer and take a chill pill. It'll be better next week.

actually it may get better tommorow. Im thinkin i need some time off to finish cleaning up the mess that is my house. Then that would leave me open to leave early for the DZ for the weekend!
Yea, I like that.
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Change your W/D hoses...
its 24 bucks vs. how much to make repairs?

If I'd installed them myself, it would have not happed.[:/]
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I hear ya man, I do home inspections...my nightmare, having one of those hoses, or a pipe break while on my watch, hasn't happened yet. It's bad enough when it is your own property, people call their lawyers when it is theirs.
Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

actually it may get better tommorow. Im thinkin i need some time off to finish cleaning up the mess that is my house. Then that would leave me open to leave early for the DZ for the weekend!
Yea, I like that.

That's the spirit!B|

I had a loose hose clamp on a brand new washing machine, about 10 years ago. I came home to water running out of the back door. I had to remove all of the downstairs carpet & laminate floor. I replaced them both with hard wood flooring.
Skymama stalker #69!!!!

I hear ya man, I do home inspections...my nightmare, having one of those hoses, or a pipe break while on my watch, hasn't happened yet. It's bad enough when it is your own property, people call their lawyers when it is theirs.

If I did that my inspection form would have "replace washing machine hoses" printed on it.:DScrew that liability.

If I did that my inspection form would have "replace washing machine hoses" printed on it.:DScrew that liability.

Actually, I am suprised that ours didnt. We had a home inspection done, and he picked a bunch of other things apart.
If I'd ever had the good sense to look at them, I'd have replaced em. Rubber hoses? Hell no. Not unless they're leak free like my new ones.

Ive been doing laundry now for nearly 12 hours, except for a break between 2 and 8 this morning.[:/]
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

You should put stainless steel braided hoses on that thing.

ya right, I came home from a concert one night and my staffy had eaten right through the stainless steel braided hose. three months of repair to dry wall and brand new hardwood floors. the floors were only about a month old.
if fun were easy it wouldn't be worth having, right?

Why dont you and hottie go skinny dipping in your kitchen?

b/c Hottie doesn't like to get wet...

(with water)...

:P

especially with water having little floaties of lint, and dirt and other random stuff washed out from under our washer and dryer.:|

I think we'll just have a shower!:P
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Bummer dude. One time in the dead of a Montana winter my pipes froze. So I turn on the faucet in the bathtub and head to a friends house for a couple hrs and return to 2 inches of water in my house and ey dog and cat sitting on the couch looking at me like what the hell did you do. The pipes thawed shortly after I left and I didn't notice the wash rag in the tub. It wen to the drain and the rest is history.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

Why dont you and hottie go skinny dipping in your kitchen?

b/c Hottie doesn't like to get wet...

(with water)...

:P

especially with water having little floaties of lint, and dirt and other random stuff washed out from under our washer and dryer.:|

I think we'll just have a shower!:P

No sense of adventure! bah!

Rule of Wisdom # 48: "Do not turn on the washing machine, dishwasher or anything else that runs on water, steam or nuclear energy when you're about to leave the house."
»Somewhere between the lies and truths borderlines get shady.
Somewhere between the yesses and nos you can find the maybe.«

Mine wasnt on, but good advice none the less.

Ahhhhhh, all laundry done. Floors dry, I think.
The fan is still running just in case. Some of the laminate flooring is curling a bit at the edges, but near as bad as I would have expected.

Just a couple more things to do and Im headed to the DZ! Whoohoo!B|
Mohoso Rodriguez #865