windcatcher

Anyone heard of Riki Tiki Tavi?

Trip down memory lane...
Anyone else remember watching a movie called Riki Tiki Tavi ( I think I spelled that right:|), about a mongoose who kills a Cobra that tried getting into a baby's crib? I'm not making this up I swear! :D

Someone back me up please.:|

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

It was a great favorite of my kids when they were growing up. It's animated by Chuck Jones, the guy who gave us so many of the Road Runner and Bugs Bunny cartoons. He's an animation god.

The snakes names are Nag and Nagaina. Nag is voiced by Orson Welles, who also was the narrator.

Great animation. We have it around here someplace; it's a keeper.

Vint
. . . . .
"Make it hard again." Doc Ed

“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free” Nikos Kazantzakis

It was a great favorite of my kids when they were growing up. It's animated by Chuck Jones, the guy who gave us so many of the Road Runner and Bugs Bunny cartoons. He's an animation god.

The snakes names are Nag and Nagaina. Nag is voiced by Orson Welles, who also was the narrator.

Great animation. We have it around here someplace; it's a keeper.

Vint

Here it is! on DVD: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006FO9G0/sr=8-1/qid=1155092074/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-4185454-8292815?ie=UTF8

Hell yeah! That is a classic animated movie. I saw it lot as a kid. There's quite a few movies that I saw when I was in Elementary school that were one of our 6-week "semester" Friday movies. One Friday every 6 months they'd kill off the last 2 hours of the day by showing a movie to the entire school. They'd make and sell popcorn for $.50 a bag. It was great. Lots of "classic" movies like Riki Tiki Tavi, Pete and the Magic Dragon, The Apple Dumpling Gang, The Parent Trap and so forth. They were all shown on an old reel to reel projector that I think ran on diesel fuel or coal.

Good times as a little kid.:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Rudyard Kipling - the Jungle Books - Great story - Loved it as a kid - I read it beofre seeing the animated version.

Great stuff Kipling. "How the Elephant got it's trunk" down on "the banks of the great, grey, green, greasy Limpopo river all covered about in fever trees."
L.A.S.T. #24
Co-Founder Biscuit Brothers Freefly Team
Electric Toaster #3
Co-Founder Team Non Sequitor
Co-Founder Team Happy Sock

This was great... last night I did a whole 70's/80's thing.

Riki Tiki Tavi was great. Good, loyal friend. Lessons on trust and honor.

Looked up Nestor... That was not a childrens show. I cried so much when I would watch that.

Looked up Readalong with Talking Boot

a couple other things too... but the memory fades like the light headache that I woke with this morning. Mmmm ..... wine is good.:)

Yup. Great story by Rudyard Kipling. I think it's one of the stories in theJungle Book.

Just read the posts. I had no idea that it was made into a movie.

----

speaking of GREAT movies based on a Kipling novel: Go rent The Man Who Would Be King, starring Michael Caine and Sean Connery.

It kicks ass!;)
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------