airtwardo

Help with spotting

Just to let you know, manufactures have actually made new rigs since 1986...

:D:P

You mean like they open quicker, or the handles are in different places and do something different?:o

I must have missed THAT memo!;)

Actually we ARE accumulating gear from this century, but it takes time and $ to replace the inventory...
Most all the canopies are less than a year old, now just need another 50,000 for containers.B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I kept tellin' em I don't NEED help spotting!

Look what those crazy bastards did at Summerfest. :o

http://skydivechicago.com/gallery/summerfest_06/IMG_8582
http://skydivechicago.com/gallery/summerfest_06/IMG_8585
http://skydivechicago.com/gallery/summerfest_06/IMG_8588
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

You mean like they open quicker, or the handles are in different places and do something different?

Exactly. There is a new deployment system called Bottom Of Container and this new main canopy release handle that gets away from the shot-and-a-halfs, going to whats called a "3-ring."

>:(:P

Looks like yall have a tough job to do there, traveling around the country and jumping out of planes. I'm glad your team has stepped up to the plate, there's no one that would want that job. Especially people from websites like this one.

Joking aside, I know its not all fun and games, I can't even imagine the logistical nightmare that being a pro-demo team brings about.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

re: post # 17 and the picture,,
'too crowded for a rig'...........
WTF?????
Isn't that kinda silly...???
I can see being way up in the cabin,,, especially a sweet customized cabin like the pictures show, :)But If a buddy of mine is near an open door,,,,[:/] wearing only a jumpsuit :o
then i would be right behind him,,,,
giving him that old,,,,,"two hands on his shoulders, and fake like you're gonna push him out " move..... hahahaha...
Of course,,,,, I'd only do it for the entertainment and amusement of my friends
...:) :oB|;):)nice pics... thanx...
jmy

Looks COOL!:)
We had Patty Wagstaff giving us a personal airshow for 1/2 an hour one day...flying inverted 20 feet from the door...flips, spins etc.

Didn't have MY camera that day.....but one of the guys got some fantastic video footage!B|

On another day...the BEAUTIFAL red Corsair War Bird comes up to the door...climbing INVERTED for 2000 feet until he was right next to us. The pilot is an old time hardcore skydiver...so we "Waved" in the appropriate fashion!;):ph34r:

Looks like yall have a tough job to do there, traveling around the country and jumping out of planes. I'm glad your team has stepped up to the plate, there's no one that would want that job. Especially people from websites like this one.

Yes...it's a tough job, but SOMEBODY'S gotta do it!;)

And no, it's not ALWAYS as much fun as at Oshkosh...sometimes there are four guys my size, strapped with PYRO, jammed into a 182 flying around at 10 grand with NO DOOR for an hour ...waiting for the 'call'.:S

But all in all...beats punchin' a time clock!:ph34r:

re: post # 17 and the picture,,
'too crowded for a rig'...........
WTF?????
Isn't that kinda silly...???
I can see being way up in the cabin,,, especially a sweet customized cabin like the pictures show, without a rig,, if it's still a long time til the demo exit...

I hear ya!:S

The reason he isn't 'dressed' is he jumps the big flag, and that's 120lbs. of gear to be saddled with for over an hour waiting to jump. :(

He's also a professional jet pilot guy, so he's always running up into the cockpit to tell the gooney bird drivers which way, when and how high....he can't get up there with a rig on!;)

right right.... I'm sure there was an explanation
of why he's without a rig....
my concern was,,,,, why is he so NEAR to the door.....?????

but i suppose it's his choice...
I think I'd stay well clear of an open door, if I was not tethered, or belted, and was without a rig...
carry on...........

I think I'd stay well clear of an open door, if I was not tethered, or belted, and was without a rig...

PUSSY!

:ph34r: I'm there with ya. I don't have too many phobias but I think that would get one started for me. :D I never liked wearing those stupid "Monkey Harnesses" in military planes. I preferred the bail out rig. I figured......"It's round.......it HAS to open." :D

NICE PICS.........was that the Ukranian 4 way team on the golf cart? :D

just like jimmytavino i was worried for the guys safety and the sport having to tell the public why crazy stuff happens to otherwise perfectly sane people

sure is good to know he has an absolutely great excuse for not having a rig on, FAA reg 123a titled Bullshit Excuses For Doing Stuff says, "it is OK for skydivers that are jet pilots to get near the open door if and only if they are wearing a wrist mounted altimeter"

i'm sure he is comfortable with it but my stomach would have a problem with this, I'd at least have on a harness with some kind of canopy
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

just like jimmytavino i was worried for the guys safety and the sport having to tell the public why crazy stuff happens to otherwise perfectly sane people.

>>>Wouldn't have to tell the 'public' anything..I already know where he put his car keys and wallet, we'd just carry on the march!:ph34r:

sure is good to know he has an absolutely great excuse for not having a rig on, FAA reg 123a titled Bullshit Excuses For Doing Stuff says, "it is OK for skydivers that are jet pilots to get near the open door if and only if they are wearing a wrist mounted altimeter"

>>>Couple of things there...
1) Everyone KNOWS that Jet Pilots don't NEED parachutes...the simply land on their EGO!:P

2) Who SAYS the aircraft is in flight...they all COULD be just looking at the bevy of Playboy Bunnies that seem to follow us EVERYWHERE!:ph34r:

3)There are undoubtedly an infinite number of ways to do things for any given situation. I'm sure you could point out several OTHER things we may do that you would be uncomfortable with, as could I on any given demonstration jump YOU might make.

For the most part we're a very safe group of Pro jumpers that have been working together for over 20 years without any kind in incident or injury...of any kind.

Of course we ALL understand that Murphy Lurks and that Shit Happens...But in the overall scheme of things...I tend not to pass judgement of another's actions until AFTER they fuck up.;)

i'm sure he is comfortable with it but my stomach would have a problem with this, I'd at least have on a harness with some kind of canopy

>>>No doubt in my mind.:)

I kept tellin' em I don't NEED help spotting!
Attachments: I got this.jpg (92.8 KB)

What's with the photo of the two kids posted right by the door on that plane?

From what I understand....it's the bird's owners kids.
He also had a P-51 Mustang and a Corsair at the show, I'm guessing there's no room for pics in THOSE aeroplanes!;)

On the "WaitingourTurn" photo, did you wake Bill and Sam up when it was time or let them ride the plane down? ;)

Nice photos. Wish I could have seen you guys jump.

Scott

Like all you "Cheese-heads"...they always catch a nap whenever possible, but seem to wake right up when there's work to do!;)

Is there like a minimum ages requirement for the team..something like 50 :D:D:D Kinda like Ulysses for Demo teams:D:D

It not the YEARS...it's the MILES!!:ph34r:

We'd LOVE to have some "Gen Xer's" on the team....but it seems like when ya strap 60-70 pounds of flags and pyro on em...they get all whinny!;)

Don't tell me...let me guess.

My application has been rejected or,
it's at the bottom of a HUGE pile of other applications.
:D:D:D

No way POPS!:)

It's right on TOP of the pile marked:

"Guys that side docked and tried to push me around the sky like an AFF student...":P

Other than that, you have the right personality...and DEFINATELY the right HAIR COLOR!B|