selbbub78

traveling to Italy!

Last night I made the decision to go to Italy for a vacation! What are some things that I definitely HAVE to do? What should i see? Anyone out there have any ideas?

CReW Skies,
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Well, shoot... We have an Italian young man volunteering at our office and I would ask him for you but he left about an hour ago. [:/] Anywho, I'm sure you'll get some great ideas... How FUN!!! :)
Character cannot be made except by a steady, long continued process. -- Phillips Brooks

Where are you going? I spent a semester in Rome and got to travel all over. I loved every minute of it. Rome is wonderful, soooo much to see and do, Florence is great too, very easy to get around. The Amalfi Coast is breathtaking and Ischia, an island near Capri is also worth a trip. Need a tour guide???

Do?..........

Rome
Amalfi
GO TO CAPRI
Compare the Gelato
Be able to speak three sentences into any conversation and they will love your for it...take it to English from there.
Cross streets quick
Rent a Vespa for a day
Stop in every Cathedral that you pass
Drink lots of vino
Don't bring meat back in your bag
Buy your sunglasses there
Buy something leather, crystal, and lace
Be prepared for an education in fashion
Take a catacombs tour
See Davide'
Check out some 18k gold
It costs extra to sit down at cafe's
Eat something sweet in the Pantheon Square in Rome
Watch out for Gypsy's..they're tricky
Each region is known for something...so indulge in that speciality. :)

Well, shoot... We have an Italian young man volunteering at our office and I would ask him for you but he left about an hour ago. [:/] Anywho, I'm sure you'll get some great ideas... How FUN!!! :)

ask him on monday!!!!

please :)
CReW Skies,

Where are you going? I spent a semester in Rome and got to travel all over. I loved every minute of it. Rome is wonderful, soooo much to see and do, Florence is great too, very easy to get around. The Amalfi Coast is breathtaking and Ischia, an island near Capri is also worth a trip. Need a tour guide???

well my itinerary isn't there yet. just looking for ideas. i found out that i have too much vacation time left for the year, and my best friend is going down there for christmas and new year's to visit her brother. I figure I'll go and hang with them for a few days then randomly go whereever...

...I'll meet up with them in silicy, but was thinking bout rome, florence (the usuals), but want to get some good ideas...

...i don't know anything :S

CReW SKies,

Well, irisheyes has been everywhere and she can't stop talking about Italy -- always makes me jealous!! So, I will ask "Marcello" but don't take her ideas in stride!! Take lots of pics and post them!! :D
Character cannot be made except by a steady, long continued process. -- Phillips Brooks

Hey Bubbles,

I went there a few years back.

Here are my recommendations:
Rome Florence, gotta do them. In Florence, be sure to stop at Vivoli, it is a rinky-dink gelato place right around il Duomo (the cathedral), but they have the best gelato in all of Europe, IMO.

Siena... a nice small town bound by medieval walls, beautiful, old, wonderful.

Venice is cool, but it smells in the summer. Still, go there so you can say "ahhh, Venice" just like Indiana Jones....

The most beautiful place I have seen in italy is
Cinque Terre. There are 5 towns (cinque-5, terre-lands, pronounced chin-kwa tare-eh). It is up on
western coast, and each town is about 1-2 miles apart, you get to the first one, and then hike up the small mountains, and walk the ridge over to the next town. The whole time you are right over the water, looking down, it is spectacular. Each of the towns are small, and finding a place to stay for around $20 a night is not hard to do. There is also a train connecting the towns if you don't feel like hiking.

Here is a picture, not taken by me, just from the web
CINQUE TERRE

HEREare some more pics and info for ya.

Enjoy the trip, and feel free to hire me as a translator/guide to go with you.

jeff D-16906

The most beautiful place I have seen in italy is
Cinque Terre. There are 5 towns (cinque-5, terre-lands, pronounced chin-kwa tare-eh). It is up on
western coast, and each town is about 1-2 miles apart, you get to the first one, and then hike up the small mountains, and walk the ridge over to the next town. The whole time you are right over the water, looking down, it is spectacular. Each of the towns are small, and finding a place to stay for around $20 a night is not hard to do. There is also a train connecting the towns if you don't feel like hiking.

That sounds awesome! I'm going to have to check that out! I was definitely thinking that I had to see Florence, and Rome. Thanks!!!

CReW Skies,

Go to Sardinia.
The most beautiful beaches in Europe. The water is almost like in the carebean.
If you are interested, pm me, I can organize you an apartement in San Teodoro, 25 km south from Olbia for a good price.
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch