Mark24688m

New Jumpsuit?

There should be dealers for various suits at Cross Keys. Or the DZ itself.

It is important for someone new to get help measuring and get advice on the suit and options. Don't try to do it just off a web site. These are custome made and made to fit the measurements you give.

A call to the company you chose should get you advice on suit and options, but be sure to get experienced help measuring.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

RW suit?
Freefly?
Wingsuit?
Camera?

Do a search in the appropriate forum columns. There's a ton of advice and info.

I recommend you find a local dealer and talk to them directly.

My wife makes suits, if you PM me, I'll be happy to answer any questions. I'm mostly good for RW suit discussions though.

Here's a gook thread on RW suits - Ron really knows his stuff.
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1764010#1764010

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Do you intend to winter jump at your home DZ? Did you mark that spot on on the form. As stated above, what is your style of jumping. Ask if returned later could booties be easily added? There are very few universal J-Suits.Try the old buddy system, borrow for a beer technique.Do you want or what are removable sleeves? If you arent great on landing's yet get dark colors. Alot to think about, but have fun

i recently bought a new jumpsuit from Bev Suits. but before doing so i did my research and talked to several suit companies about what i was looking for in a suit. they were all very helpful with info. ended up going with Bev due to price.

so with a little research you'll be able to find what you want for what you want to pay.
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

Have you been in square 3? they will be able to give you options, steer you towards what you need now, while keeping in mind what you will want for the future. they are experienced in measuring, and will make sure your suit fits properly when it comes in. And it wont cost you a penny more than if you screwed up the measurements and sent them to the manufacturer your self.Many manufacturers do measurements different than others.

Good luck and have fun!!!
Al

G
Watch out for planters.

A new suit is going to cost you a real bundle, so you want to take the time to do it right. I'd recommend placing your order through a dealer. You can talk to them about what kind of jumping you want to do; RW, freefly, camera, etc. They'll place your order with any of the major jumpsuit makers and their placing the order for you might get faster service because the suit makers do a lot of their business through the dealers and might just move your suit up in the line (I was told my suit would take 4 - 6 weeks and then got it in just 2 weeks).

Unless you're a tailor or a seamstress, don't try to measure yourself. Let the dealer do it, they've done it many times and know how to take them and your measurements are really critical to a good fit. They can also show you fabric and color samples.

Then when your suit arrives, a dealer will call you in for a fitting. They'll have you put the thing on and ask you to do this and do that, bend over, stick out your leg and so on to make sure everything's okay. And once again, because of the volume of business they do with the suit makers, the dealers will have a lot more pull getting any problems taken care of quickly. Online you're just another schmuck with a credit card.

You won't get a suit for cheap, so you might as well get one that works. I've been extremely happy with the suit I bought through a dealer last year. At Cross Keys, go talk to the people at Square 3.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !