Frenchy68

Frenchy Happy!

you're better off not knowing...

Exactly.
IMO, here's why...
wait, ...i've got to get a beer

The 1st law of thermo is probably the best "incarnation" of the well accepted phrase of Newton's - "action/reaction". Basically, _nothing_ changes by itself.

Instead of using "force" as a primary word from Newton's vocabulary, the 1st law of thermo uses the word "energy". Now, in applied terms, exactly what is "energy". That, is a never ending quest for any and all believers of science.

How to apply this conclusion from an observational point of view on a daily basis? Any time there is "change", there has been a flow of "energy" from one "reservoir" to another "reservoir".

An example: A Mack truck is rolling down the highway at XX mph. It hits a brick wall. Describe this. The kinetic energy of the truck flowed into the molecular energy of the brick wall. The truck was dented, and the wall was cracked.

Our species' science has identified many reservoirs of energy. But, they haven't identified all of them.

The biggest of which, IMO, is free will

Any time you employ your free will, change happens. For the sake of discussion, let's lump all those unidentified reservoirs of energy involved with free will into something we'll call the fabric of the universe. The fabric of the universe is, really, all about people. Keep it positive, be happy, don't worry, but still be a good person (...your actions count).

When you still your mind (...a very difficult thing to do, since, how do you know when you're doing it?), there is no flow between yourself and the fabric of the universe. You are basically ONE with that which IS.

So, to conclude, when you don't know, it sounds like a good way to still your mind.
We are all engines of karma

120,000 people, all baying for blood, is a pretty amazing sight isn't it? I've never been inside the Nou Camp, but it's definitely on the list...

edit: You know that when Luis Figo moved from Barça to Madrid, upon his first game back at the Camp Nou he had a bloody pigs head thrown at him on the pitch? That's passionate supporters for ya...

'Coz the four hour duration allows you to drink more beer, or 'coz you stop the game to allow Dodge to sell you a BFO truck you really don't need? Or 'coz you use 90-odd players in one game in case they get get confused with having to remember how to attack and defend? Or is it 'cause the players need to be told what to do by the coach at every play? Can't the poor little dearies think for themselves?

:P

120,000 people, all baying for blood, is a pretty amazing sight isn't it?

I ended up standing at the back of one goal (...whose, I don't know). Watching a guy on the far side of the field running at full speed, then kicking it to a guy on the complete opposite side of the field who is running at full speed, and it looked just like a completed pass in the NFL with their _FEET_. Blew me away.

120,000 people screaming at the top of their lungs, and throwing beer every where.

I grew up in Baton Rouge, LA. Went to every LSU home game from the time I was 10 'till 21. People scene was very comparable. Physics scene was _completely_ different.
We are all engines of karma

OK, stop hijacking my happy thread. We'll punk Barcelona soon enough. Happy Happy Happy.:)

This is NOT about soccer, is it? I forbid it!!! This forum is being read in America, and in 'Merica, we don't dick around with pansy little sports like soccer!

...unless of course you are Mia Hamm. :| She looks like she could crush a man's skull between her thighs.
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

OK, stop hijacking my happy thread. We'll punk Barcelona soon enough. Happy Happy Happy.:)

so i've developed a theory ... frenchy is happy happy happy because he's developed a thread all about him and his "aleged" happieness - well i don't buy it! i think you're just enjoying the attention :|

:P

I am not afraid . . . I was born to do this
-Joan of Arc-
But what do I know, I'm only 19

frenchy is happy happy happy because he's developed a thread all about him

Thats' a first.:)You're new around here, aren't you my dear?:)

"aleged" happieness

I may have to Google these 2.:)
Happy Happy Happy Joy Joy :)

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Happy Happy Happy Joy Joy :)

Do I have to tell you again it's Happy Happy Joy Joy :P

I think maybe he's trying to tell us he's EXTRA happy!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

when ?? if thou punk BCN, thou must punk Empuria too :)

We (well, mostly me) and my skygodgiven and footballgodgiven abilities will punk any Iberian obstacle that dares standing in my path. I mean "punking" in a good, positive, fraternal, Terminatewithextremeprejudicial way of course.:|

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

I mean "punking" in a good, positive, fraternal, Terminatewithextremeprejudicial way of course.:|

Or do you mean "punking" in a despratly-wanting-to-be-like-Ashton-Kutcher kind of way?

Just asking :|

-Joan of Arc-

Or do you mean "punking" in a despratly-wanting-to-be-like-Ashton-Kutcher kind of way?

Yes. The key word being "despratly". It's my favorite position. It really turns me on.>:(:|

Yes. The key word being "despratly". It's my favorite position. It really turns me on.>:(:|

I have a feeling most obscure things turn you on :|

We can leave the light on...

If we must.:|

I have a feeling most obscure things turn you on :|

We can leave the light on...

If we must.:|

::shakes head:: dz guys :|

;)

-Joan of Arc-