SkydiveStMarys

I'm sick and my throat is killing me!

I have been sick for the past two days! I never, ever get sick! If and when I get sick, I really get sick! Well it started last week. Scratchy throat, watery eyes, just feeling kinda blah. yesterday I woke up and my voice was gone, felt like someone kicked me in me head and I'm exhausted, and no appitite. Called out.
Woke up today with that "seal cough" deep seated, gross type of cough. Exhausted, blah, blah, blah..worse thing? My thoat is killing me! I tried to gargle with salt. Gross!>:( Gargle with aspirin. Gross yet again!>:( Went out and bought some Halls, who are they kidding, they never work, they didn't work the last time I bought them!>:( No haven't seen a Dr., hate them! I am not "that" sick or I would go.

Any ideas? I know it will take time. I am beginning to get whiny and I hate being sick! I have way too much to do!!

Oh and by the way..any guy out there that has the bright idea of sexual nature....not interested, THATS how sick I am!![:/]

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

Do you crave brains???:D

Vitamin C, and maybe try a allergy med, claritin, allegra, benadryl(sp).

Drink the vitamin C, OJ or apple juice. From the sounds of it that hurts some, but you gotta do it. Give your body something to work with.

oh and hope you feel better. Being sick sucks!!!!!!
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Want some cheese with your whine? :D

If it's not going away, could be an infection and a visit to the doctor might make it go away (they have these magical pills called antibiotics which are useful when applied to bacterial infections).

For now... hot tea with honey and lemon.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

If you'd just shut up once in a while, your throat wouldn't hurt so bad!

Just kiddin hon. Sorry you're feeling bad.

here's a little candy gram for you from Ferris Bueller's... picture the voluptuous blonde bimbo dressed up like a nurse at Ferris' door but his sister answers....

"I heard that you were feeling ill
Headached, fever, and a chill
I've come to help restore you pluck
'Cause I'm the nurse who likes to.." SLAM!!!

Oh Lord, how I love that movie!

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

If it's not going away, could be an infection and a visit to the doctor might make it go away (they have these magical pills called antibiotics which are useful when applied to bacterial infections).

You mean antibiotics can actually make you better :o:P

OJ and hot tea with lemon or honey works. Or you can go get some of those Theraflu that you mix with hot water. They knock you out, but you'll feel so much better.

Most of all, rest and water will help. Get well soon!
Why don't you just go to the police station in a red clown suit and let everybody know what we're doing here?

I have a phobia for moobs. Thanks, youknowwhoyouare.

You mean antibiotics can actually make you better :o:P

It's amazing! (I just didn't want to encourage the rampant overuse of antibiotics. But the deep, hacky cough sounds like it could be an infection worth seeing a doctor about).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Typically ibuprofen will help with the throat on fire deal. Mucinex is great for breaking up the crud in your chest...coughs are much less painful.

I came home early cause I've been fighting the same thing since Friday. The sore throat only lasted a couple of days, and ibuprofen knocked it out. That and I did have ice cream for dinner Friday night!!:)
Get as much rest as possible! Hope you feel better soon....:)

a girl friend at work had a sore throat that turned into cough so bad she was choking and couldn't catch her breath.
she would cough so hard she threw up.
she had this crap over a week.
diagonosis: Whooping Cough
http://www.whoopingcough.net/welcome.htm ...yeah that thing you get vaccinated for as a kid..
it is apparently making a come back [:/]

hopefully yours is just allergies due to fall pollen or something....

feel better!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
earthbound misfit

I feel for ya. I have allergies and have to spend 2 hours a night at the park for football practice. Sneezing. Itching eyes. Itchy nose. Miserable!

Oh and I get to spend 2 hours a night at the park for football practice... outside....DANDY! B|

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

I feel for ya. I have allergies and have to spend 2 hours a night at the park for football practice. Sneezing. Itching eyes. Itchy nose. Miserable!

Oh and I get to spend 2 hours a night at the park for football practice... outside....DANDY! B|

Step away from the antihistamines....:P