SkydiveStMarys

Morbid Question

cremation

with very specific requests for the scattering of the ashes...
Some in the peaceful woods behind the home where we have been now for 20 years.
Some at the property of the home where i was a youngster.
................My Dad was raised there from 1929...He Built a 2nd home on the land in 1951, next door to my grandparents home, took his wife, my Mom, there from their honeymoon 55 years ago.. They raised 5 kids and still reside there.
( as for the old line, "you can't go Home"...In my case and in the case of my siblings, we CAN,, and try to, at least a couple of times a year ") ( hahaha I can sleep in the very same twin bed i slept in, when I was 10 years old.!!!!!) ( I always have Great dreams when i visit there..)
The place has a
Great back yard, we had a helluva baseball field, a creek in the back, woods, NO neighbors, so we could scream and holler all we liked...:DB|:o

Some scattered at my parents' Church cemetery, where all 4 of My grandparents are interred. Also there, are 3 uncles, a cousin, and eventually others who are near and dear to me....Those "older generation" family members, for whom cremation is not likely...
And so.... speaking of near and dear,,, if a small portion of the ashes can be dispersed from some altitude far above my home DZ, as a token of my affiliation with the place, that would please me.
My wife, likewise has chosen dispersal of ashes
in more than one place, including the property near our home, so that WE remain together, in at least one place on this planet...
Hopefully allll of this is still decades into the future...:|

I saw my grandma coming out of the oven, ashes still warm, and I saw a ring and tooth fillings. It was weired feeling come to think of it now. Didn't even cry, another friend of mine got killed in Iraq, didn't cry, another friend of mine got killed in car accident didn't cry either.
What the hell is wrong with me, only time that I cried with in 4-5 year was after listening to November Rain by Guns and Roses couple month ago for no freakin reason.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

I am gonna be laying base in a big way!
Don't pull on me (I'm not)
And don't look to me for the break off que!

They will push my wheel chair off the ramp of the CASA and we will let it go just a tad early so the trail planes can exit on time. Oh and if the damned nurse puts O2 on the chair any who wants it can have a hit.

After its all over put a little dirt on me (make sure you split the gear up ala Alabama gang style).
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

not to pick on you Elisha, but that would imply that God can only ressurect whole bodies and not ashes...what about believers who were eaten by sharks/nuked/burned to death etc?
Cremation for me, because it is the cheapest option around other than burial at sea and becoming fish food (which should be an appropriate option IMHO).

PS - at most Christian funereals they say "From dust you came, and to dust you shall return"...they don't specify that the body should rot to dust or be burned to dust. Dust is Dust to me. YMMV.

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

Use all the usable pieces. If enough is left over adn the family can deal with it, use the rest for dissection practice. Cremate whatever is left when done, unless there's something that takes less space and energy by then.

Wendy W.

My wishes exactly, and when the cremation is done, don't put me in an urn on the mantel. Find 12 skydivers I've never met, buy 'em all a lift ticket and have 'em take me on my first skydive.
It'll be tons cooler and cheaper than a funeral, and it won't make me take up any unnecessary space.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

not to pick on you Elisha, but that would imply that God can only ressurect whole bodies and not ashes...what about believers who were eaten by sharks/nuked/burned to death etc?
Cremation for me, because it is the cheapest option around other than burial at sea and becoming fish food (which should be an appropriate option IMHO).

PS - at most Christian funereals they say "From dust you came, and to dust you shall return"...they don't specify that the body should rot to dust or be burned to dust. Dust is Dust to me. YMMV.

I don't know what Christian faith Elisha is, but in the Catholic faith you are allowed to be cremated as long as the ashes are buried in consecrated ground. If my family chose to cremate me, they would not be allowed to do an ash dive. As cool as an ash dive sounds, I won't care...I'll be dead.

Anyway, I still stick to the preferance of donating any reusable parts and bury the rest to fertilize the ground.

Chris

I wouldn't want to be buried... there are so many forgotten graves out there.. it's kinda sad.

I would rather be cremated and have some of my ashes spread on a jump with my friends doing the jump... and some of my ashes spread over the water as well. I don't want random people doing my ash jump, just to do one. I would want the remaining ashes to go to my family or something... they can be creative.

PMS #449 TPM #80 Muff Brother #3860
SCR #14705 Dirty Sanchez #233

Donating it to science would be kind of cool. I heard they'll pay you for it too. I don't really care too much though.

On a side note, my friend in Pharmacy school in a cadaver lab said that a dead man's dong looks really funny.
----------------------------------------
....so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

I'd prefer to be cremated and would hope that at least part of my ashes get one more skydive. But funerals are for the living, so whatever makes the wife and kids happiest will suffice. I think they'll burn me (crackle, crackle) and let me have one more dive with my friends. A lot of churches now have nice little gardens with a wall for plaques, the ashes get scattered in the garden and you get a plaque on the wall. That's where the rest of me can go.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Cremation for sure. Putting a dead body on display is sick even by *my* standards! Unless, of course, there is some sort of entertainment or educational value and most funerals probably get very low marks for both.

edited to add:
I suppose being fed to the raccoons would be ok too.:D:D

Walt

I hope to God they bury your sick ass, b/c I'm gonna come poop on your grave, take a picture of it and post it here! :D

Then Billvon is going to delete it. :S:D

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Buried...otherwise it is a denial of the Resurrection.

I'd like to respectfully disagree. What does your body turn to after a few years of being in the ground? How is God going to raise that? Same way he's gonna raise you up if you've been cremated. Neither nature nor you are doing anything that God can't undo. ;)

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

It implies nothing of the sort. Those that were mutilated, distintigrated, etc. God will deal with. Of course God can raise his people from the very stones if He wills (as is written somewhere) - but why try to test Him when he gave you a body to be resurrected later?