RkyMtnHigh

If you love music...

Is there a particular song that "speaks" to you in that you could hear it a million times and never be sick of it?

If so, what song is that?

Mine as of now and the last several months is Maps by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs...can't explain why but I just never tire of hearing it.

Oddly enough, Freefalling by Tom Petty.

You have to hear it to understand it. It's kind of obscure but if you look hard enough you'll find it.
It fits into one of the things I do on the weekends so well. I don't wanna give too much away, go listen.:P
My photos

My Videos

not sure - but you definitely need to hear my buddy ari do a cover of it - i think there is video of him on youtube doing it - his name is ari hest
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

"Hallelujah," the Jeff Buckley cover.

By any chance, was that used in an episode of the West Wing?

I'm pretty sure it has - was it at the end of the one where Mark Harmon's character gets killed?

Edit to add that I just looked it up. Damn, I'm good. Or I spend way too much time watching Aaron Sorkin shows.

http://www.joshlyman.com/music.html
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

"Hallelujah," the Jeff Buckley cover.

By any chance, was that used in an episode of the West Wing?

I'm pretty sure it has - was it at the end of the one where Mark Harmon's character gets killed?

Thanks for clearing that up - your "research" (groupie tendancies:D:P) came in handy. I thought it was the episode where Toby arranged for the honor guard at Arlington for the homeless Viet Nam vet (according to JoshLyman site, that was Brothers in Arms by Dire Straights).

I loved TWW. They used a lot of powerful music on that show that stays with you like Hallelujah - it definitely "speaks to you".

Kenz: Ari really put his heart into it, thanx for the link!:)
"...I've learned that while the "needs" in life are important (food, water, shelter), it's the "wants" in life (ice cream, chocolate, sex) that make it worth the effort." Kbordson