AggieDave

The best resturants in Houston or Austin?

More than you asked for, but my favorites.

"Taste of Texas" Best Steak (I10-beltway 8)
"Italian Market Cafe" Best lunch Cafe/Rice Village
"Fogo de something (chow???)" Best Brazilian ...westheimer blvd
"Eatzies" Gormet Lunch/Breakfast

"Katx Deli "Best place to get a drink before 7AM

"Brenners" .... hightly rated, classy steak place, never been there, but im going sooner or later,

cafe annie (montrose) or benjy's in rice village (the BEST!).

another idea if your going to be in the houston area-- have you ever been to vincent's? family owned place... err places (it's like 3 restaurants on one piece of land) - memorial area right outside of downtown hou. happy anniversary!:)

san antonio - delores de la rosa ...more italian! it's on the river walk/st.mary's

what about the melting pot?
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce

I thought Cafe Annie was OK but nothing more. I had a tasting menu at Noe not long ago,and it was absolutely splendiferous. Several small courses, with a wine to match each one. Tafia (and probably the others as well) has the same thing.

Noe is a hotel restaurant, but you'd never know it from going there. It would be at the high end of your scale, but worth it.

I agree with Tafia and Shade, as well.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Well, its a special weekend, so I'm more willing to spend more money on a meal to have a really good meal at a cool place.:)

Italian... Restaurant named Vespaio, it is located on Congress, however they are a little pretentious, so they don't take reservations.

Forget the 5 star stuff. Go to Kerby Lane Cafe in Austin (if it is still there) at about 3 a.m. Get the flavored iced tea of the day, they have great chips and salsa.
Man that takes me back. Does anyone know if it is still there off South Lamar?

http://www.skydiveatlanta.com
http://www.musiccityskydiving.com

I don't know how it was when you guys were here, but there's 4 now. The original one on Kerbey Lane, the one on Lamar, northwest on 183, and the newest one is right on the drag.

Much earlier in the thread I mentioned that there are several restaurants I would recommend that aren't what he's looking for. Kerbey is definitely one. ;)

And somehow, something tells me Dave has either been there already, or *gasp* would actually like it if he hasn't. :o

DUDE!

If your gonna do San Antonio, Reggiano's is the best restaurant in San Antonio in my opinion.

Reggiano's Pacifico Restaurant
18740 Stone Oak Pkwy, San Antonio, TX 78258-4100

* Cuisines: Italian
* Price range*: $31-40
* Special features: Romantic, Outdoor seating
* Tel: (210) 403-2100

After all of this help that everyone gave me and after all of the research I did on the Interweb and talking to my lovely wife, we've decided to stay in town and go to Christopher's World Grill. Its B/CS's uber-nice resturant. So the $50-60 in gas spent for driving to H-town and back or Austin or back for a dinner we're going to spend on other things that weekend.

However, I now have a good handful of resturants that we WILL be traveling to and eating at over the next while. Thank you to everyone for their help!:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."