alanbrit

Too Poor To SkyDive ! :(

hahaha.....sounds a lot like me, which is why I have 125 jumps in about 3 active years in the sport, but five total counting two off when I started college.

I turned 18 in October of my senior year of highschool and starting jumping then, doing one AFF jump once a month when I could afford. When I got to college I quit for two years because of money and all that jazz, but then scored an extra loan in my last two years and used financial aid to fund a rig and a few jumps every once in a while. Thank god I'm graduating next semester, but I'll have to repay all of this eventually--- but at least I got to jump the last year.

You'll find a way to work it out. If you are in college, look into borrowing extra money. That's how a lot of kids that I know do it. ;)

Good luck!
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

Seems like a smart employer would want to hire someone that knows how to work over someone who knows how to study. Your husband has the opportunity to work for himself. No little pieces of paper needed.:P

That depends a lot on the position. I'm a mechanical engineer. You don't learn thermodynamics and advanced calculus by working out in the field.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Ok Ok. I got the point. Seems like I'll have to be patient for a few more years. I guess this is normal :S

Hopefully I wont get hit by a car or something before I start Jumping :) Please wait for me SKY !

Thanks for the info, im going to go look at all the local DZ's for learning opportunities at the least, appreciate the input guys. Be Safe.

so they're rather just do hop and pops

I don't necessarily disagree with you but definitely don't underestimate the value of hop-n-pops.:)

Let me rephrase that then. They get out at 5000, do backloops until 3000, pull, spiral down until 1000, and then make a very lame attempt at a hook turn with no desire to take the time to actually learn the correct way to swoop. :| Sorry, I should have just said "they get out low." I love hop and pops and definitely understand the value of doing them. I don't even do 5000 foot hop and pops anymore, it's 13.5 or nothing. :)