RkyMtnHigh

Uhaul/Penske

So you're saying it'll be like bumper cars or bowling?:D

Or maybe like bumper bowling?
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

EXACTLY!
I tried to use them the last time I moved...had a "reservation" ... I showed up on time, no truck, none in the entire area...and they didn't care whatsoever! Eff them....Penske!;)

Bastards did the exact same thing to me when I helped my brother move in Florida - Tampa area.

Ended up doing the pod thing. It was much better. Rent a big box, they drop it in your driveway. Take your time loading it up, a few days if you like. Call them when you are ready and they drop it in your new driveway. Take your time unloading, call them when you are done. Great service.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

EXACTLY!
I tried to use them the last time I moved...had a "reservation" ... I showed up on time, no truck, none in the entire area...and they didn't care whatsoever! Eff them....Penske!;)

Bastards did the exact same thing to me when I helped my brother move in Florida - Tampa area.

Ended up doing the pod thing. It was much better. Rent a big box, they drop it in your driveway. Take your time loading it up, a few days if you like. Call them when you are ready and they drop it in your new driveway. Take your time unloading, call them when you are done. Great service.

Thanks so much for the suggestion of the Pod. I looked into it and it's a much better way for me to go to avoid the hassle of driving a big truck and pulling my car behind. I was concerned that the Pod would be outrageous price, but it is really reasonable.:)

I was impressed with that one too!
Let us know how it works!

looks like I'm moving BACK to Orlando so I may actually need their services too!
;)

Door to Door Pod service turned out to be the best deal. Check them out. 888-505-3667

They're dropping the box off next weekend, giving me a few days to load it up, then I call for them to pick it up and drop it off at my new location for me to unload for a few days, then pick it back up. They even guaranteed that they will arrive with 3 hour window of my arrival. This option is such a relief to take the hassle-factor out of the move. Now I just need to focus on the basics that I take in my own car and get on the roadB|

That's great that you're heading back to Orlando...really good news:)

where in the world are you going????[:/]

Remember...I have a cool new job in Atlanta:D..talked to the boss today and they are even helping me with relocation costsB|

See! I keep tellin krisanne that all the cool kidz move to ATL! :D:P
(I still havent figured out why they let me stay?!)
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I'm sure a few people have already said it but DON'T USE UHAUL. They have a REALLY shitty maintenance program. Google it.

Yep. Last time I used them, there was a crack in one front corner at the top... And it rained. >:(
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I've never driven a UHaul:D...Is it scarey?:o

In this case, it's only scarey for all of the other people on the road:P

Just rented a Uhaul 6 x 12 trailer to move between Navasota and College Station, 30 bucks and a couple of helpers and BINGO - 7 hours - complete move.

total including gas - $175 - moving company wanted 950 - I offered 450 - their loss.:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun