micro

it's official... i'm now a cattle man

two calves were delivered to our farm today. they're cute black angus calves. i can almost smell them on the grill now. B|

who's comin over for some nice tasty filet in about 18 months?

pics later.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

how can you say they are cute and then say you can smell them on the grill in the next sentence! :P

honey, it doesn't bother me in the least. they were born and bred for slaughter. i'll let you know how they taste when the time comes.

brandon, krisanne, muenkel, you're all invited! :)
clay, their vaginas are too big, even at calf stage for my little po-po. [:/]

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Are they heiffers or bull calves? If they are Bulls then you had better get they nutted soon, bulls don't make tasty meat.

What are you feeding them?

both heiffers. we're doing a little grain but they will mostly be grass fed cows.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

two calves were delivered to our farm today. they're cute black angus calves. i can almost smell them on the grill now. B|

who's comin over for some nice tasty filet in about 18 months?

pics later.

I'll be there. I love dead cow ...

:D

I grew up with grandparents owning a cattle and dairy farm. I got fresh beef, fresh cream and the best garden ever!!!

Granted I had to hack the head off a chicken every now and then, but at least I didn't have to pluck it!

YUMMY!! Call me when you're marinading!!!

'Shell
'Shell

You should breed one first. It's a lifelong goal of mine to be able to say that I've milked a cow. Can I milk one of your cows before you grill her?

lol! what a request! here's our plan... if we can raise these things w/o killing them before we WANT to kill them, we're getting maybe 6 or so next year. I don't EVER want to have a dairy cow, but we WILL likely breed, then I don't have to keep purchasing calves... they're about a dollar a pound and these were just under 500 pounds each. so then there WILL be some milk in them there udders and YES you can come pull those tits. :D. You can even inseminate the cow to if you want.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

You should breed one first. It's a lifelong goal of mine to be able to say that I've milked a cow. Can I milk one of your cows before you grill her?

Not that I'm a cow expert, but you would want a Holstein for milking. People don't eat Holsteins. Some people have sex with them...but they're weird.:P

Chris

I would say me too but I've been vegetarian for several months now.

:)

are you really? that surprises me.

in your own words - fo'shizzle. Never had this much energy before or felt better.

Why does it surprise you?

:|

just haven't met many southern men who have gone that route. good for you though... glad it's given you good health. and more read meat for MEEEE!!!!

btw, did a friend come visit you today? pm me.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Not that I'm a cow expert, but you would want a Holstein for milking. People don't eat Holsteins. Some people have sex with them...but they're weird.:P

Chris

you can get milk from a gurnsey and a jersey too, or any cow for that matter, just a matter of how much production you want.

and people DO eat holsteins... cattle farmers often sell the baby boy calves off to small time farmers like me b/c they don't have much use for them. the meat they produce is just fine and as calves go, they're cheaper to buy.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Can I come over for the bbq? Please? Rescue me from under a pile of papers and books, pressure and stress, and feed me some good ol' Illinois beef.

Please?

Ciels-
Michele

Shit girl, you're on the top of the list! :)

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...