BillyVance

My little girl running a fever

Well, yesterday we took Sami in for her 6 month shots. Today I woke her up from her afternoon nap to find her really warm. Took her temperature rectally, and it came out 101.9F!!! :o So I called the dr's office to explain the situation and they said it was normal and to give her baby liquid tylenol to keep it in control and if it's not down by tomorrow morning to call them and schedule an appt...

Anybody else been through this especially after shots??

Just a bit freaked out, even though she seems to be in no real distress other than teething...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I've been through this many times with both of my daughters. You can also give both tylenol and motrin if the fever doesn't come down and stay down. Just give the tylenol, then two hours later the motrin, then two hours later the tylenol again--so that she only receives each different one every four hours. Make sense? It probably won't last more than 24 hours.

Miranda

I've had more than one doctor tell me "When the fever gets to 105, then start worrying." I guess kids can handle them better than adults.

A kids running a fever is like a new parent getting interrupted in sleep - a common event for which you never can fully adjust.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I was alone with our son and he was running a 104.7 fever so I called a nurse friend of ours. She very calmly said "Yeah go ahead and run a cool bath right now and put him in it. Stop talking to me and go now." She said when it gets to 105 the brain cells start cooking. He hated it but it brought his temp down to 103-102. Very effective little offer of advice to any parent. Broke my heart to see him shivering so much.
This parenting thing is as spooky as any jump I've been on.

Yeah Billy, like most have said. Little children will have some fairly wide temperature swings. Nothing to worry about follow Docs advice and keep fluid in her, Pediacare is great stuff. Fortunately mine are old enough to not see this much anymore unless they really are super sick. If it goes over 103 watch closer. Good luck.
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

She's fine this morning! I stuck with the formula only and didn't feed her the baby foods yesterday. Thought she needed the hydration more. This morning for the first time she actually laughed out loud at something she thought was so funny! We have this very squeezable brown lion doll that's bigger than her. I was just mashing it between my hands while sitting on the floor next to her and I wasn't looking directly at her. I thought I heard her cough, then looked at her. She was laughing! Mash the doll, she laughs... :D I had to go to my wife and have her put her hands on my throat so she could feel me mimic'ing our baby's laughing.

B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

They get the most interesting crap at daycare [Unsure]

Don't they? Arianna's been batteling the same cold for 3 weeks now - we had to put off her 6 month shots last month because she had a double ear infection (we never knew!). He told me to expect her to be sick all the time the first year in daycare [:/]

Billy-Glad to hear the little one is better. Arianna's been starting to laugh at everything now too - its great!

Jen
Arianna Frances