jimmyh

America's Funniest Home Videos 10/01/06

Check out America's Funniest Home Vdeos tomorrow (Sunday) on ABC at like 7:30 or 8:00.

I sent in a video earlier this year of a tandem student backing out on jump run. It was hilarious, so funny in fact that AFV flew the tandem student, the instructor, and myself down to L.A. for a taping of the show. Our video was selected as a top three finalist.

I'm not supposed to tell whether the audience voted our video 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. Just check it out, I think it's pretty damned funny.

-jimmy

:D

That was funny.

Billy thought the the guy was having a stroke.:o

I'm guessing the guy wouldn't sign the waiver to let the video air unless they showed "Part 2" right?

Men!:S

:P

Possibly, though I am sure the monetary award helped.

Don't spoil it for those of us that won't see for a few hours (it's on in 2 hours here!)

;)

Bah ... go ahead, tell everyone what they got!

:D:D:D

'Shell
'Shell

Check out America's Funniest Home Vdeos tomorrow (Sunday) on ABC at like 7:30 or 8:00.

I sent in a video earlier this year of a tandem student backing out on jump run. It was hilarious, so funny in fact that AFV flew the tandem student, the instructor, and myself down to L.A. for a taping of the show. Our video was selected as a top three finalist.

I'm not supposed to tell whether the audience voted our video 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. Just check it out, I think it's pretty damned funny.

-jimmy

Okay, that was freakin' FUNNY!!!

LOVE it! Loved the tandem that squeaked past him! "s'cuse me ... this is my stop ... pardon me!" :D

JUST saw it so I don't know if you were 1st, 2nd or 3rd but that was FUNNY!!!

And good on him too! :)
'Shell
'Shell

-jimmy

Congrats! But you were better than the 1st place doggie!

Next time get a furrier student ...

;):D:D:D

'Shell
'Shell

That was indeed hilarious! :D:D:D
The guy's reaction was so freaking funny, it was unreal -- almost theatrical! But he definitely deserves respect for actually doing it, the second time around! :)
--------------
We were not born to fly. And all we can do is to try not to fall...

I'm glad ya'll thought that was pretty funny too.

I've been watching America's Funniest Home Videos since it's first episode 17 years ago, and I've always wanted to have a video played on that show.

So when I filmed Barry earlier this Spring, what with his whole crying and then jumping later in the day thing, I knew I had a video that would at least get played on the show. However, I had no idea that we would get selected as one of the top three videos of the show.

Next thing I know, I got an email from the producers, and Bary, Mike Schechter (the tandem master), and myself are getting flown down to L.A. for a taping of the show. They gave us each $150, $50 dollars each per day for for food, and I spent all $150 the first night drinking down at Hermosa peer, so I was fully hung over during the show.

Good times, and even though we lost to a stupid pug dog barking at the TV, I can finally say I shot a video that got on America's Funniest Home videos.

Thanks for watching, and hey did it ever get uploaded to Skydiving Movies?

-jimmy

I know what place it got...through my secret source...I'm not telling though. :P

But I haven't seen it yet, so I'm waiting for grue to upload it too.

:)

By your post time, I knew it a few hours ago!

;):P

And I saw it too!

:P:P:D:D

'Shell

Sorry - didn't complete my message properly. I knew the answer Sunday MORNING. :P....and not because I saw it on TV - I don't have cable and I don't think the non-existent antenna works either.