jumpjunkie2004

What's the worst injury you've had as a result of drinking?

One of my friends was drinking last week. She went to take her very large dog for a walk and he knocked her over. She hit her head on the curb.

When she entered the house, she touched the back of her head and said, "I must have landed in something wet."

She split her head open and had to have nine staples!

Anyone else have a story?
Jump, Land, Pack, Repeat...

Torn ACL and damage to the meniscus. I had already played a full rugby match and was drinking on the sidelines while the second side was playing. With about 15 minutes left in the game, one of the props got hurt. I felt good, so I put in my mouthpiece and went out to play. Within 2 or three minutes I had misplanted while bending down to pick up a loose ball. My foot and lower leg stayed in one place while my upper lega and body kept on moving forward. So the knee decided to adjust by bending the wrong way.

After about 15 seconds of sheer pain, I got up and walked off the field under my own power while the trainers came out. They figured it was bad because they heard the pop on the sideline.

I limped, the knee felt loose, but I didn't think much of it other than the loud pop. The next morning, the knee was really swollen and I had about 20 degrees range of motion.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

When my super-hero NVG vision mal'ed, a tree in the middle of the path I was on swung a branch at me and smacked me square in the nose.

It was only a love tap though - no broken bones or teeth, just a little decorative bark under the skin.

B|

At least I know how to pee in the woods without getting any splashback... it's called bein' "Bush-broke". :D

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Pride... injured that a few times... mortified in the morning at the utterly stupid things I had done and friends I had alienated or decided to fight.

Oh to be 21 again... but I like this stage much more. A glass of wine with dinner or a couple beers after a day of jumping is fine. It takes 2 days to recover from a hard night now. B|

I have a friend that lost the end of her big toe to my driveway one night. :o

somehow I managed not to laugh, get her inside and bangage her up, while other laughed and looked on! :D:D
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I've never injured myself from drinking too much.... :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

.....and if anyone tells you differently they're all lies! ;) :D :ph34r:

CReW SKies,
bubbles
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

I have a friend that lost the end of her big toe to my driveway one night. :o

somehow I managed not to laugh, get her inside and bangage her up, while other laughed and looked on! :D:D

I was sitting here reading that thinking...man, that's gross. Then I realized who you were talking about!! :|
"His dick is ringing!" Female Skydiver

"Well...answer it!!!" Male Skydiver

I've had some bad hangovers in the past, but the only time I've ever hurt myself was trying my goddamned best to open a bottle of beer with my hands. I thought it was a twist-open cap...

It wasn't... :S :$ B| :D

No stitches needed, but I thought I had it opened because my hand felt wet... BLOOD!!! B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Fractured both of my wrists...was riding on top of the car a friend was driving (she was also drunk). She saw a cat darting out in front of us and slammed on the brakes while doing about 35 mph. I went into Superman mode, and looking under my left armpit as I went over the hood, I saw the look of shock on her face as she remembered where I had been. I had the sudden realization that she was going to take her foot off the brake pedal and I better get out of her way...hit the ground hands first, two flips, then dove off to the side just as she went by.

Went inside the house and her boyfriend started waving a bottle of 151 under my nose, saying it would take the edge off the pain. That pushed me over the edge & I passed out. :D:D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Another story...

I was in a wedding when I was pregnant with my son - so, no drinking for me.

However, one of the other bride's maids got completely trashed. She decided to dance on the table. She fell off and broke her arm!

That's one way to take all the attention away from the bride!
Jump, Land, Pack, Repeat...

uh got wasted, decided to leap down some stairs. in mid leap my head hit an overhanging ceiling, my legs kept going. i crippled my back and the back of my head on the stairs as i fell to the ground. managed to get up, go to the toilet (where i was heading) only to black out and wake up on the floor (im sure you know what the mens toilets are like in clubs)...yeah i was a pretty sight...oh and i then blacked out again when trying to find my friends in the club, luckily i seemed to have found them and my mate caught me as i falling to the ground with my eyes rolling into the back of my head. if only it was a funny drunken injury instead of a retarded one.

various other cuts, scrapes bruises etc.

oh, dont know if anyone else knows this phrase but i love it..... U.D.I Unidentified Drunken Injury...for all those times you wake up and go "how the fuck did i get that [insert injury]?!"
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading."

As some of you know, I first walked into the large window at Lost Prairy 2005 thinking it was an open door, after that continued drinking shots people fed me, and soon after, fell off their deck and landed directly onto my head (about a 6' fall), and I don't remember it. The nurse said I was lucky I was as intoxicated as I was. No staples in the skull though.

oh, dont know if anyone else knows this phrase but i love it..... U.D.I Unidentified Drunken Injury...for all those times you wake up and go "how the fuck did i get that [insert injury]?!"

I can see this scenario:

Friend: "You were tanked last night and you went somewhere with that PIG!"
UDI victim: "No, um, uh, nothing happened with her. I was just walking her to her car. Her roommate, though, was HOT. I had to act nice. The roommate was impressed and I HIT THAT!!!"
Friend: "What happened to your arm?"
UDI Victim: "What do you mean?"
Friend: "Your arm was with you last night. Now it's gone. In fact, there's some meat between your teeth. OH MY GOD! YOU WERE WITH THE PIG AND CHEWED YOUR ARM OFF TO GET AWAY THIS MORNING!!! HA HA HA!!"
UDI Victim: "Um, no, THAT'S NOT WHAT HAPPENED. I don't know how I lost my arm. Um, I was really drunk last night. It's an Unidentified Drunken Injury."

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I don't think I've ever been really injured drinking. Just many bumps and bruises but, It definitely keeps you from noticing pain. Last year I broke my left ankle and dislocated my right shoulder a couple days before my skiclubs big houseboat trip. I went on it anyway and got plastered for pretty much 3 days strait. I would start drinking and some how I would manage to climb up on the roof of the house boat. Of course there was no beer up there so I would sober up and have to call brianfry713 and westcoastjumper to come get me down. They would sit me in a chair tell me to stay put and hand me a beer and an hour and a few more beers later I would be back up on the roof! I even managed to bring my crutch up there with meB|:S:D
Fly like a girl