SpeedRacer

Team America: World Police (other views)

I wasn't going to bother renting this movie but after reading this thread http://www.korea-dpr.com/cgi-bin/simpleforum.cgi?fid=04&topic_id=1127055507 I might just have to check it out. >:(:D:D:D

Yes, it was shown between jumps during the Texas 2-Step 80-ways last month.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

It's definitely a strange movie. Very, very funny at times. Other times its cruelly gross, as evidenced by the puke scene behind the bar, and still other times strangely kinky. The sex scene is out of this world though. :P

America, fuck yeah!
Coming to save the motherfucking day, yeah!
America, fuck yeah!
So suck my dick and lick on my balls!

Yup, that's how the theme song goes... :S :D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I wasn't going to bother renting this movie but after reading this thread

The best part of this movie, in my mind is the public that sits watching it.

I saw the flick in a theater in Scottsdale Arizona, a large portion of the public where total red neck meat heads that sat there singing along the garbage songs without realizing one bit that they where the farce!

It reminded me of Moliére or La Fontaine that ridiculed the powers in place at the time with spoof comedies and plays. This is the same thing... I found it remarkable, very funny and subtle once you find your way past the "off the wall" first degree.

Take a moment, look at the credits... who made this movie? ;)

edited to add: The fact that the buddies of the KFA are taking it seriously is quite pathetic.

:D

A set that includes yourself, of course.:S

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

this is a funny ass movie.... friends had kept telling me to watch it. after asking what it was like and hearing crap about puppets and fight scenes... i said hell no!

but the other night my friend and i rented it for shits and giggles and we laughed our asses off the whole time.

in a sense, its kinda like napoleon dynamite... you either love it or hate it. there's no in between place for team america! fuck yea!

and just for wrongway: durka durka durka!

A set that includes yourself, of course.:S

Of course it includes myself, durka durka! I found myself being an observer of the crowd, and although that part did entertain me, it also made me a little... sad;).

Loved the little details like the croissant shaped cobble stones in Paris!
I still can't believe they got away with the sex scene, puppets are the way of the future! Go Trey Parker & Matt Stone!

Burka Durka!

I wasn't going to bother renting this movie but after reading this thread http://www.korea-dpr.com/cgi-bin/simpleforum.cgi?fid=04&topic_id=1127055507 I might just have to check it out. >:(:D:D:D

The only thing funnier than Team America is the forum page that you linked to. Well, maybe South Park & Monty Python are funnier, but still TAWP does a good job of hammering everybody.

America, fuck yeah!
America, fuck yeah!

Yup, that's how the theme song goes... :S :D:D:D

I think this should be the new ToadSucker theme song. ;)

Kevin
======================
Seasons don't fear the Reaper,
nor do the Wind, the Sun, or the Rain...

America, fuck yeah!
America, fuck yeah!

Actually I think its "So lick my butt and suck on my balls"... which is just SOOOOO much different! ;)

Oops! You're right! It has been a while since I saw it! :D I oughta buy that DVD, it's hilarious! :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

hmmm, now I don't know what to think.

is it one of those lowbrow movies where it's good to knock back a few drinks before watching?

Probably :P Be careful when you view the alley vomiting scene. I had just eaten pizza and a couple of beers, and right after watching that scene, I did laugh, but then felt a rumbling in my stomach and had just enough time to run to the kitchen sink and fill it halfway with puke... B|

That has to be one of the funniest threads I've ever read. Man, this world lacks a sense of humor. These people are so offended that the movie portrayed KIM JONG IL as RONERY.
I guess you can make fun of our leaders, but any other world leader.

Rong rive Kim Jong Il.

The personality cult surrounding Kim Jong Il is amazing and difficult to understand. Seriously, it's as if all of North Korea belongs to a cult.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------