neiliss

XBOX 360, PS3, PC or Wii

Since two of those systems aren't even out yet it's hard to say. I look forward to the ps3 because of Bluray more than the games. The Wii just looks fun to play. I'm picking up both on their respective launch dates so a real idea of those systems will have to wait until Nov 17th for the PS3 and Nov 19th for the Wii.

--"Someday you will die and somehow somethings going to steal your carbon" -MM

Dagny and I have the XBOX 360 which is phenomenal for games, and I love how I can stream my movies and music from my PC to it over the network.

We're definitely picking up a Wii this month or next month, but we're going to hold out on the PS3 for a bit. We have a PS2, and love it, but we've just heard too many mixed reviews on the PS3 to be early adopters.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

What's the Wii? I'never even heard of it :$

I have seen some of the games on a mate's Xbox 360 and they look like the shit!

Everything looks like shit when you've played 1200 x 1600 resolutions on full detail at 100 frames per second... I like PC's. PC's only for gaming. Breathed on, with loads and loads or RAM, and dual core processing, and an overclocked GPU.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

What's the Wii? I'never even heard of it :$

I have seen some of the games on a mate's Xbox 360 and they look like the shit!

Everything looks like shit when you've played 1200 x 1600 resolutions on full detail at 100 frames per second... I like PC's. PC's only for gaming. Breathed on, with loads and loads or RAM, and dual core processing, and an overclocked GPU.

t

Gonna agree with you on this. A console game just can't match the likes of World of Warcraft, F.E.A.R, Hitman, Thief, Command and Conquer (Red Alert), Far Cry, Half Life, etc.

I love the concept of some games like Undead Rising and Gears of War - however playing a FPS with a console controler just doesn't feel like I have control of the game after using a mouse.

Now there are a few exceptions to that: Guitar Hero 2 and Final Fantasy 12.....I dusted off the 360 and the PS2 for those.

I don't think the PS3 will suck. However, it will be a while before there are any good games for it. Sony makes very complicated systems that are not easy to make games for (notice that the best games for the PS1 and PS2 were coming out just before they depricated). Since the SDKs didn't go out till last year you won't see much depth to any of the Launch Games.

The Wii will be a different story. Nintendo develops their systems with game programming in mind....and those game devs are invovled from the start. The new Zelda game has been under work for years and it looks like it. From the start Nintendo in-house games will be some of the best console games out there. Plus you can play/download any legacy Nintendo game. Then there is the unique controler that I hated at first but now see the genius in it.

If I had a choice of a PS3/Wii.....I would take the Wii.

just doesn't feel like I have control of the game after using a mouse.

I agree with you totally there, i've been a Counter Strike/ Half Life/ Medal of Honour player for years and trying to play Quake 4 and Allied Assault on the 360 was a nightmare :D The game graphics are unbelievable though, i'm definately going to get Quake 4 for my PC.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

as for the PC, im waiting for next year, after vista comes out and they have a couple of generations of directx10 video cards out to upgrade.

Nvidia just released two DX10 cards (8800 series IIRC), and ATI should be releasing their new card soon. They're pricey and they require an enormous amount of power to run them, but they look great. :)

Right now to me the Wii looks to gimmicky. The motion controller seems like a fun idea but how it will take off is yet to be seen. Nintendo has put out a ton of gimmicky controllers for all there systems (the gun, the hand mit, etc) and while they look cool they never really took off. I like how Sony did there motion controller. I know that when I am really into a game you can count on me turning the controller when I want to turn etc... and now there motion control takes that into account. Seems like it will go real well with exsisting gamers.

What makes PC gaming so great (awesome graphics) also is it's downfall. Right now the hardware war is insane. In the past few years Nvidia and ATI have released so many versions of there video cards that consumers are afraid to buy since next month better stuff will be out. With consoles you never have to worry about the next new game not playing on your system.

*Nerd alert* Before I started skydiving I as big into computer gaming. I played Unreal Tournament and Day of Defeat 2 competitively on a team. It was a lot of fun but then I realized I could go outside and stuff. *nerd alert*

My next purchase will be PS3 and not a PC because it's less of a hassle.

i palyed the wii over the weekend at a gamestop -- the controller is really cool. i played a truck game, and so did my g/f (a complete non-gamer/almost anti-gamer) and she had a blast with it.

i think it iwll take them a year or two to really exploit the controller to the fullest but once they do, its going to be awesome.

yeah, i heard about that -- i'd like for that stuff to come down in price a bit before i upgrade -- i'd rather not spend over 5 grand on a new PC....

Same here. I don't really want to have to get a 1kW power supply for my PC either, so I'm hoping they'll come out with a slightly more efficient DX10 card sometime in the next year.

I don’t have all 3 I just have a Xbox 360, it is lots of fun. The graphics are great you can down load loads of stuff right to the hard drive (if you have the premium one) and Xbox live is so easy to use.

I have heard lots of bad reviews on the PS3 I am not sure what there on line capability is going to be. For me playing on-line is the best part.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

The release date is Sunday. Availability is as of yet unknown -- rumors have it that Nintendo will be able to make em fast so it won't be as hard as finding a PS3 -- but i wouldn't expect to just walk into best buy and get one the first few weeks. retails for 250 and comes with a game.

Thanks!

just doesn't feel like I have control of the game after using a mouse.

I agree with you totally there, i've been a Counter Strike/ Half Life/ Medal of Honour player for years and trying to play Quake 4 and Allied Assault on the 360 was a nightmare :D The game graphics are unbelievable though, i'm definately going to get Quake 4 for my PC.

I used to be hardcore into Counterstrike & Battlefield 1942 and was deadset against using a controller for a first person shooter. Then I played Call of Duty 2(xbox360) online and got use to it. I don't prefer it to a mouse and keyboard but its really not that bad.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

I'd keep the computer and then get a Wii, that thing looks cool, but my understanding is that you give up a lot in terms of "realistic" games, in exchange for being able to act out your agressions with the controller.

If you don't mind spending the money (on the system, and games, which are running about $90, or ¥10,000 right now), then opt for the PS3, from what I heard about it and its debut in Japan this past week, it's worth every penny.

That's the perspective from a non-gamer... ;)
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I don’t have all 3 I just have a Xbox 360, it is lots of fun. The graphics are great you can down load loads of stuff right to the hard drive (if you have the premium one) and Xbox live is so easy to use.

I have heard lots of bad reviews on the PS3 I am not sure what there on line capability is going to be. For me playing on-line is the best part.

Jspiral is my gamerstag. Send me a friend invite. Then go purchase Call of Duty 3 so we can shoot some Nazis together.
www.FourWheelerHB.com