AggieDave

Holy God (Celebrity Jeopardy, the real one)

Anyone else watching this today? I hate it when they replace my regular Jeopardy with some sort of goofy crap, although its fun to watch the kids play.

You know, I've seen a few different episodes, but this one has Paul Schaffer on it. I can only hope to god that this is spoofed on SNL, although it doesn't even need to be spoofed. Its bad. Really bad. Paul Schaffer is either not very smart or just not good with general knowledge. Things I've learned from Paul today: Hexigonal objects have 12-sides, its harder for an elephant to pass through the eye of a needle and he doesn't even know general knowledge about popular music.

I really hope some of yall are watching this as well. Its impressive.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

and he doesn't even know general knowledge about popular music.

Your "even" kinda tells me that this is the least you'd expect from a person to know? :S Well, I dunno... To me, it doesn't mean sh*t -- a person can know nothing about the popular music, and still be very good with general knowledge, well, in general (no pun intended). But then again, people on that show are expected to know all that crap about pop culture, etc., so I guess your point is perfectly valid in context... :P
--------------
We were not born to fly. And all we can do is to try not to fall...

Yeah but Paul Schaffer is a professional musician with a degree from a very good music school. UNT..

Exactly. That was my point. Didn't know he had attended UNT. Makes sense, though, its a really good music school. Being from Sherman I have had quite a few friends go to school there.

Yeah but Paul Schaffer is a professional musician with a degree from a very good music school. UNT.. did ya know that, Dave?

Ahh... That makes sense. :D I guess I am not very good with "general knowledge" myself, since I didn't even know who he is... [:/] :P Duh...
--------------
We were not born to fly. And all we can do is to try not to fall...

I thought Paul got a few of the music questions right, he just rang in too much and got the other categories wrong. At least he didn't end up in the negative, even though red is his favorite color.:D Someone else two nights ago ended up with negative money and they gave him or her $100 to play final Jeopardy.

All the celebrities talk too much and they never get to finish all the clues. Martin Short was talking constantly the other day. The musical performances take too long as well.

I actually like Celebrity Jeopardy, but I think I like college or the kid version even better. I guess I just like to feel smart by getting more of the clues right.:$

That reminds me of the Simpsons where Marge goes on Jeopardy and ends up in the red and at the end of the show Alex is standing there with some goons or something demanding the money she owed him.:D

Yup, I was a Bearcat. From Gainesville? Huh, small world huh? One of the guys I work with, his wife used to live in Sherman and manifested for SD Dallas a few years ago before they were married and she moved down here with him. He's from that area too. Its odd how life takes people from all over and moves them around, but you still bump into people from your childhood world.

Infact I'm going to Sherman on Saturday for a belated thanksgiving with my family. My wife suggested that we go get a couple of beers that night at one of the local places. I haven't been to Sherman in nearly 2 years so I'm not sure what is still open.:D

For the life of me I can't remember her first name, her last name is Bona now.

Isn't he that lead singer from U2? Ohhh wait! He's the one who died skiing! Ya that's it. Was married to Cher...

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

I actually was at the taping of celebrity jeopardy. Before the actual round they have a "pretend" round that gets the contestants used to the buzzers and answering the questions with a question....
All through the pretend round the producers are telling the audience "dont worry the questions in the real round will be much much harder..." [:/]