murrays

UFC 65: Hughes vs. GSP

Who do you think is going to win?

I am cheering for GSP, I think he can win...but Hughes always seems to find a way to win. Should be a good one!
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Hughes is the best welterweight ever. He will retire with that title before he loses it to GSP.

-------------------------------------------
For any UFC fans out their, I saw Royce Gracie in an airport like a week after the Hughes fight and I talked to him for like 5 minutes. It was cool.
2 BITS....4 BITS....6 BITS....A DOLLAR!....ALL FOR THE GATORS....STAND UP AND HOLLER!!!!

Well Hot damn, yourmoney was on the right guy.

Hughes didnt even show up.
if he blames the double nutkick than he's full of shit. He was lame before hegot kicked in the balls....twice in a row.

Its good to shake things up in the UFC thoughI was getting bored. Although ,I feel shocked.

P.S.
so shocked that i decided to post again on DZ.com against.

P.P.S. maybe they'll leave my profile alone now that I deleted the rest of it.
My photos

My Videos

I was following the play by play on Sherdog.net .... one of the guys posted that Hughes didn't even know it was a kick that GSP smoked him with... is that right?
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Yea. in the post fight interview Matt said he watched the replay and thought it was a punch.

GSP was kicking him low all day... hit him twice ina rowin the nuts but it wasn't intentional. On the last kick Hughes blocked low and got caught in the neck, fell over and I think he even peed a little bit.

GSP would have KO'd hughesin the first but the Bell rang. Matt seemed bored with his life during this fight. I think his game plan was to beat GSP's fists anf legs with his head and chest. If that was his plan he beat GSP's ass.
My photos

My Videos

Man, I dont think anyone is in the same league as Hughes and GSP in their weight class. I mean if someone gets a shot and wins it's because "sometimes that happens" but I'd say 8 out of ten fights those two guys come out on top against anyone else in their class.

When I fusrt Saw GSP ( a while ago) I wanted to hate him, but he's got some heart, talent and class...and I hate him for it. LOL
:ph34r:
My photos

My Videos

Wow, didn't even see that coming... Maybe Hughes will have the motivation to train like GSP for the rematch now...

How about Silvia? That was the second lamest title defense to his 3rd against Arlovski. I think any UFC with Silvia in a title defense should be discounted $20.00...

Also, Silvia's taunting Brandon Vera to bring it on... I think the truth is coming and Silvia is going to have a hard time facing it...

-Hixxx
death,as men call him, ends what they call men
-but beauty is more now than dying’s when

Hell ya. I won a 6 pack on that one. I just had a feeling gsp would win. If you watch their first fight, gsp could of won when he gave matt that round house to the chest, but he did not follow through after the strike, even though matt was stunned. I missed the fight last night, but my buddy recorded it, so i'll be watchin it soon.

Last nights show was awesome. I'm so glad that GSP took the title from Hughes. The only thing that would have been better is if Tim Silvia had lost his title to Monson as well. Hughes should be back for a rematch. Maybe this loss will be the motivation he needs to really train hard. I don't know who else will challange GSP at 170 lbs. I could see a title shot given to Deigo Sanchez, escpecially if he can defeat Joe Riggs in December (I see Deigo winning this match).

--- But I agree with you, if a pay per event only had Silvia's title fight it should be 1/2 price. His fights are getting really boring, beacause it is too easy for him to score some points and then stand back and wait for five rounds to end. However, this last fight was the bedt Silvia I can remember seeing, at least they did something.

Yea, I agree.

Silvia is kinda lame to watch but he surprised me with his ground work with Monson.

I would be frustrated as hell if I trained for that long and couldn't even reach the guy I was training to fight..
My photos

My Videos

Just read on sherdog.net forum that GSP is going to fight Serra in UFC67 and then fight Hughes later in 2007....in Montreal!!!! That will be exceedingly cool. I may have to get a cheap Westjet flight out there, visit some friends, see a Habs game and see the UFC live. It would be an insane evening being in GSP's hometown and all.

Looks like Diego is going to have to wait for a while before he goes with GSP. Is BJ Penn definitely dropping down to lightweight? - I think I read that somewhere a while ago. Lots of interest in seeing him and GSP go again.
--
Murray

I heard about the montreal fight as well. I might have to fly out to check it out. Everything that I have read/heard says that BJ is dropping to 155. I don't think it will be too much of a stretch for him to get down there either. If memory serves correctly, he used to fight at 155. I think the change in title holders really helps the sport and keeps the fans really excited to see the next fight coming up.