adventurechick

What are you bringing to your thanksgiving dinner?

It's a my house, so I'm bringing everything.

Have a pumpkin cheesecake in the oven right now.

Will make cranberry sauce later today.

Have already made the cornbread for the cornbread stuffing I'll make tomorrow.

Tomorrow I'll also add:
The turkey
Green beans with roasted red onions
Gravy
Rolls

:)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

pumpkin cheesecake

*drooooooooooooool*

I suppose you could use sugar instead of the Splenda if you wanted. But I like the idea that it's *mildly* healthier that way. :D

Pumpkin Layer Cheesecake

Ingredients:
***Filling***
2 packages (8 oz size) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup Splenda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 dash each ground cloves and nutmeg (or pumpkin pie spice)
***Crust***
1 1/2 cup chopped pecans
3 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon Splenda

Directions:

Making the Crust: Melt the butter and mix it with the Splenda and chopped pecans. Press the mixture into a 9 inch pie pan, into the bottom and as far up the sides as possible. Bake the crust in a 350 degree oven for about 8-9 minutes.

Making the Filling: Mix softened cream cheese, Splenda, and vanilla until well blended. Add eggs and mix until smooth.

Set aside 1 cup of the batter, spoon the rest of the batter into the crust. (Be careful not to "disturb" the pecans too much!)

Mix the pumpkin, spices and 1 cup of batter together, spread on top of the plain batter (there's where you get your pumpkin layer.)

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 - 40 minutes until the center is almost set. Cool, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Pecan Pie and Angel Food Cake for our birthday on Saturday.

[:/]

That's right, we do share a birthday! I think I'm getting sushi on mine. B|

Prime Rib. Home cooked.

As opposed to what? Store cooked??:D:S:ph34r::P

Bobbi

As opposed to take out or "store cooked." Yes.

Prime rib is always on sale now and near Chrimmas.

I don't do TG or Chrimmas, but I eat prime rib at those times. :)
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

Pumpkin Bread and a raw vegetable tray. The vegies are so easy, but I've actually had 2 people ask me to bring them because they want to stay away from noshing on junk all day. I also picked out the wine for my non-drinking mother, but she paid for it...as it should be. :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I'm bringing my fork. 'Course, I'm not going anywhere, so I'll be making my famous stuffing and stuff my own self with it, along with tates and gravy. I'm still pretty sick, and I need the time to unwind. Going places, doing things, and cooking for lots of people is NOT what the Dr. ordered (i.e. as much bed rest as possible), so I'm going tp follow the Drs orders, and rest. With a textbook, but rest nonetheless. 5 DAYS of no place to be, nothing specific to do - I am one THANKFUL person today!

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~