wildcard451

Black Friday Shopping

How many of you sick people are gonna be out shopping with me in the morning???

Full contact shopping. The only day I can punch an old lady in the face for a TV cause she'll prolly have hit me first.

Yeehaw.

Most of my friends know that I have two rather unusual guidelines about the women I date:

1. I won't date women who like to vacation at Disney World.

2. I won't date women who like to shop the day after Thanksgiving.

I have to draw the line somewhere. ;)
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

I did a little shopping this morning - it wasn't too bad if you avoid the malls/major retail corridors. Trader Joe's, a camera store, and Home Depot weren't too bad. B|

But hell no do I do "shopping as sport" on Black Friday.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I'm not even leaving my house today. I'm fortunate to live down the road from the mall and about a mile of strip malls. Statring the day after Haloween it takes 15-20 minutes to get the 1.8 miles down the road. Today, probably 20-25 minutes between lights.

I accidentaly went to a mall the day after Thanksgiving. I knew nothing of Black Friday. I was completly unprepaired. I will never ever go to a store on Black Friday. I've needed to go grocery shopping for a week or so now, I think I'll be eating peanutbutter for dinnner tonight rather than driving to the grocery store. I think I have been scared for life by that trumatic event.

Learn to be happy. You can't be there for anybody else in life if you can't learn to be there for yourself.

There were about 15 off duty cops at walmart today. They were at the entrance around popular items and watching each line. Maybe we should just utilize our national guard more often!;)

Why the fuck would someone wait till things are on sale to steal them? Wal-Mart shoppers are funny!

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

There were about 15 off duty cops at walmart today. They were at the entrance around popular items and watching each line. Maybe we should just utilize our national guard more often!;)

Why the fuck would someone wait till things are on sale to steal them? Wal-Mart shoppers are funny!

Blues,
Dave

They weren't there to keep people from stealing they were there to keep them from killing each other lol.

I was just coming around an isle in the grocery store to grab 1 more item...(B.C. Canada) with my buggy full- and the store manager made an announcement-

"good afternoon, due to the US shopping going on today our lines are down and none of our cashiers can accept debit cards...."
>:(:S>:(

...i keep forgeting that your thanxgiving is later than ours...

anyway- the ATM in the store was also down-
left my buggy and walked out. Drove around for 1 hr. trying to find some cash...line ups everywhere-

so here I am at home with nothing to make for dinner- no cash- cause you guys are out shopping!

:o

SMiles;)
eustress. : a positive form of stress having a beneficial effect on health, motivation, performance, and emotional well-being.

Being British I don't understand what the attraction of this Black Friday is as we don't have it in the UK. I have heard that everything is meant to cost less so as I am currently on holiday in Florida I thought I would take advantage, but I have spent all day at the DZ and the jump prices were just the same [:/]
I'm drunk, you're drunk, lets go back to mine....

Most of my friends know that I have two rather unusual guidelines about the women I date:

1. I won't date women who like to vacation at Disney World.

2. I won't date women who like to shop the day after Thanksgiving.

I have to draw the line somewhere. ;)

HEY!!!! Soarin at Epcot was FUN!

(*scratchin Douva off the list :P:P)

My husband stood in line at best buy from 9pm till 4 am:o I was sleeping he got what he went for. Then he stood in line at kohls for 1 1/2 hrs. to get me a down comforter. What a sweetie :)

Vskydiver and I went to Best Buy at 3:45 A.M., and the line was out to forever![:/] We got in the store okay, but missed out on all the reserved tickets passed out at the front of the line for the big items. We got an about $50 worth of stuff at great sale prices, but it wasn't really worth it all. Next year, I'm either camping out in line, literally, or skipping it entirely.

Used to be you could stroll up a 5:30 AM and get a lot of good stuff when the doors opened at 6.:S:D