McBeth

Do people at your work know you skydive?

i have no idea what that means...

fag = cigarette you guys dont really use that phrase over in the states do you?

I knew what you meant, was just having a bit of fun with it. Over here, fag is a derogatory term for a gay man.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Yup. Especially when I walked in the door one day with crutches. Oh yeah, and the boss sent out an APB about me after I told him about my broken ankle.

Most of them are cool, took one and she might want to do tandem again. We'll see if I can get the boss to go. Heh.
Why don't you just go to the police station in a red clown suit and let everybody know what we're doing here?

I have a phobia for moobs. Thanks, youknowwhoyouare.

Actually, I mentioned to our EVP that I was going to do a jump and he said how much he enjoyed it when he went, so that opened the door for me to put it out there. Actually, it's a VERY white collar, international corporation and in his opinion (which matters a LOT to upper management) anyone who skydives is willing to take risks and that is an important component of success...

Of course, the fact that I have a bumper sticker and images from Dilbert et al, upside down and falling from it might make me seem a bit geeky too...
Because life is an adventure - it may not be the one you planned, but then it wouldn't be an adventure!

You're no longer leadership material... They think you're going to die.

In the spirit of cliche-sounding lines... a true leader would stand up and take the lead, not wait for someone to give it to them. ;)

Everyone knows. You can't shut me up about it - not that I made a big point of bringing it up in the first place. It first came up discussing weekend plans, but now it seems to come up fairly often if I do lunch with them. So far I don't mind, although the wuffo questions are starting to get a little tiresome.

yep and most don't seem to have a problem with it... occasionally I've run across one or two that seem to take issue with the fact that I skydive... (fortunately I'm good at ignoring people like that. :D)

come to think of it... I sort of kind of had to fill out a form in my current assignment saying that I knew I was participating in a "High Risk Activity" and would take the appropiate measures to be as safe as possible...

At least twice I've been told to keep good notes on the projects I work on "just in case something happens" to me. :D

I tell people at work that I skydive too, but I encountered a skydiver in my travels for work recently and found it interesting that he didn't want anyone to know.

If you're in a white collar professional setting, where perception counts for alot, it's never a good idea to let people know you jump. Nothing good every comes out of it.

FYI: It happens to blue collar laborers as well. I have had it used against me a number of times actually.[:/]

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

At least twice I've been told to keep good notes on the projects I work on "just in case something happens" to me. :D

well my form is an official government type form... :D

I'm actually also supposed to participate in a standard "safety brief" but the Personnel Flight noticed my experience and waived that requirement...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...