JENNR8R

Odd Food Combinations

I just made myself a peanut butter, raspberry preserve, broccoli sprout wrap on a flour tortilla... It wasn't half bad..

What odd food combinations have you tried?

Would you eat them again?
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

I think what is odd is different for everyone. I always used to put celery in my tuna, but then a friend turned me on to putting apples in it - yum! Now I eat it with chunks of cojack in it too and instead of making a sandwich, I slather it on saltines.
Because life is an adventure - it may not be the one you planned, but then it wouldn't be an adventure!

I just made myself a peanut butter, raspberry preserve, broccoli sprout wrap on a flour tortilla... It wasn't half bad..

My ex liked Top Ramen with a PBJ on the side...blecck.
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

That combo just made me throw out in my mouth!!! :o:D
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Funny you should mention tortillas...last night I made myself a ketchup, A-1 sauce and pickle relish wrap.

I'll save you some tortillas for next week.

:D:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Serious question---I've heard the phrase "Tomato Ketchup" several times, is there any other kind?

KETCHUP, CATSUP TRIVIA

The first record of the word in English was as 'catsup' in 1690; in 1711 the spelling 'ketchup' appeared, and finally in 1730 the spelling 'catsup' appeared.

In the 18th and 19th century, ketchup was a generic term used for various sauces whose only common ingredient was vinegar.

There is more to ketchup than just tomato ketchup. Some of the many varieties that have been popular include lobster, walnut, mushroom, cucumber, cranberry, oyster, lemon, grape, and anchovy.

Heinz ketchup was introduced in 1876 as a "Blessed relief for Mother and the other women in the household!" Heinz sells more than 50% of the ketchup sold in the U.S.

Unopened bottles of ketchup can be stored for 1 year on a cool, dark, dry shelf. Tightly covered opened bottles will last a month in a cool, dark, dry place.

Richard Nixon liked ketchup on his cottage cheese.
Tomato Catsup has a high acid content (due to both the tomatoes and vinegar in it) and therefore does not have to be refrigerated after opening. It is safe to store it at room temperature, but it will taste better if kept refrigerated.

Sales of Salsa overtook Ketchup sales in 1991 (in terms of dollar value).
ones? -- Monday.

Funny you should mention tortillas...last night I made myself a ketchup, A-1 sauce and pickle relish wrap.

Good idea! :)
ones? -- Monday.

Unopened bottles of ketchup can be stored for 1 year on a cool, dark, dry shelf. Tightly covered opened bottles will last a month in a cool, dark, dry place.

Uhhh....maybe we should re-think the wraps using DZ ketchup...
[:/]
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Uhhh....maybe we should re-think the wraps using DZ ketchup... [:/]

That's okay... I'll spring for a fresh bottle at Cowboys. :D
ones? -- Monday.

...Richard Nixon liked ketchup on his cottage cheese.

I have a Nixonesque trait - I like cottage cheese with tomato soup. I take a spoonfull of cot.cheese and dunk it down into my tomato soup then eat...mmm..mmm...good! I've been doing that since I was a kid. When I lived at home my brothers said it grossed them out:D

I would like to add that I don't do this in public - this is strictly "at home" behavior. There are much worse combos, at least I think, but still I don't lay this on some unsuspecting person at the next table.

Jennr8r: I think a great additional question is do you eat this way in front of other people???

C'mon food freaks, we know you're out there. Besides it's just your dizzy.com friends, we won't tell anyone;):ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
"...I've learned that while the "needs" in life are important (food, water, shelter), it's the "wants" in life (ice cream, chocolate, sex) that make it worth the effort." Kbordson

My father in law goes a bit overboard with his condiments. For example, he covers his waffles with just about anything (butter, cream cheese, honey, jelly... AND syrup!) and pours shreadded cheddar cheese on his bran flakes in the morning! One time he put brown mustard (not the weak yellow stuff) on his apple pie. Out of shear curiosity, I tired it... and it wasn't half bad. Sort of like the cheddar cheese on apple pie that some people like, the tart mustard balanced the sweet pie.

I tried it again recently with a different kind of mustard that was more spicey and it wasn't good at all so you have to use a brown mustard that isn't too spicey.

No matter what, I'll never eat what my wife ate when she was preggo. That's probably a whole different topic to discuss, but pickled okra and cottage cheese is not pretty!:S

"Ignorance is bliss" and "Patience is a virtue"... So if you're stupid and don't mind waiting around for a while, I guess you can have a pretty good life!

Strawberry Jam and fried eggs....Not as nice as Marmalade and fried eggs.
My faviourite is Coleslaw and curry and rice YUM!:)
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

All of you fuckers need to sit out a load or two this weekend and spend the jump ticket money on some groceries! :S:D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

All of you fuckers need to sit out a load or two this weekend and spend the jump ticket money on some groceries! :S:D

I can't waste food! The sprouts were left over from Thanksgiving. They were about to go bad. I had to find a way to eat them. :)
ones? -- Monday.