tdog

Tdog is a dork

So I am in my office on a Friday night blasting some "Underworld" mp3s - and writing software code for the most clean and tightly designed payroll entry data screen the world has ever seen

- and -

this is giving me great personal satisfaction

- because -

the results are some of the best coding work I have ever done

- and -

the music beat is going and going and going

- and -

between compiles I surf a thread or two on dz.com thinking about tomorrows jumps...

I am still at work... rolling out new code to the production server. We could not even starrt till 5PM... wo0 hoo...

I have been here since 6:30 this morning... I am making severe amounts of overtime cash....:)
Time and a half freakin RAWKS>..:ph34r:

I am still at work... rolling out new code to the production server. We could not even starrt till 5PM... wo0 hoo...

I have been here since 6:30 this morning... I am making severe amounts of overtime cash....:)
Time and a half freakin RAWKS>..:ph34r:

I own the company...

Remind me to pay me time and a half on the payroll screen when it is done.

Have you received the changes? The specification creep?

If you've got it designed and coded, you'll need to make "just a few small changes". :ph34r:

The only way to stop it is to never admit that you are on schedule. "Yeah, I may get it done on time, but it is going to be tough."
:)

The nice part is that our internal users come in every once in a while and say, "wouldn't it be cool if?"

So - no, when it is done, it is done - until the next revision.:P

between compiles I surf a thread or two on dz.com thinking about tomorrows jumps...

Sighh....it's a beautiful day out there. I wish I was out there too. I'm going to need a coach for some jumps, are you interested? You come highly recommended. :)

I've gotta go in to work tomorrow to do some firmware writing.

I actually don't mind working weekends (even If I don't get paid [:/] ) because
a) nobody bothers you with stupid shit when you're trying to concentrate - so you actually get things done!
b) I can leave the phone off the hook. (or set to DND)
c) I can bank some hours for skydiving road trips - since 2 weeks vacation a year sucks.

The nice part is that our internal users come in every once in a while and say, "wouldn't it be cool if?"

That must be why the software I use at work is v5.2.1, us users just want more and more and more - so needy! :S:)
Because life is an adventure - it may not be the one you planned, but then it wouldn't be an adventure!

That must be why the software I use at work is v5.2.1, us users just want more and more and more - so needy! :S:)

Oh... We are on 3.19.10! Version 3 was the major upgrade to .Net from VB6. Since then 19 noteworthy changes...

I bet we go to 3.100 before we decide on another platform change to 4...:)

Sighh....it's a beautiful day out there. I wish I was out there too. I'm going to need a coach for some jumps, are you interested? You come highly recommended. :)

Really - I was hoping you wouldn't say that - because everytime someone says something nice about me, I have to pay them off. It is all lies - just by contract, they are obligated to say nice things... PM me if you are serious - as I am jumping a lot of late and will be around.