sgal

advice for the lonely female skydiving roadtripper?

29 Stumps... I mean 29 Palms... hehehehe:D

I jump at Perris

I was just wondering due to your estimated distance from all 3 of those DZs
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Hang on, let me consult my Man Book...

Ah yes, here it is on page 63, under the heading "Words That Turn Men Into Salivating Sex Fiends." And the list is as follows:

1. Lonely
2. Female
3. Skydive
4. Road Trip
5. Beer

Honorable mentions: Anonymous and Internet

No wonder DZ.com is running slow today. Your PMs are taking up all the bandwidth.

Have fun on your trip. ;)

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Ah yes, here it is on page 63, under the heading "Words That Turn Men Into Salivating Sex Fiends." And the list is as follows:

1. Lonely
2. Female
3. Skydive
4. Road Trip
5. Beer

No wonder DZ.com is running slow today. Your PMs are taking up all the bandwidth.

Very Well Done!

More commers would be better served if only they would referance their manual every so often.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

It's about an hour from the I-5 if you take ortega highway (which I don't reccommend... I rolled my truck on it... pretty dangerous highway) it's about and hour and 15-20 min. if you take HWY-91 East to I-15 South to HWY 74 East Straight into Perris. Turn Right onto D-street, Go to the end of that street (about 4 or 5 blocks) and turn left at the stop sign (you can only go left or right there). After turning left, go straight through the next stop sign (1 block) and turn right at the following stop sign (1 more block). You'll go straight through a street light (preferably while the light is green:D) and it'll be about a block's distance up on your left. (You should be able to see the windtunnel from the main road.) There's a blue and white windblade at the road where you turn into the parking lot. The road in front of the DZ is Goetz Rd. When in doubt, look up and if you see skydivers, it's a good sign... just head towards where they land.:)
If you want the directions to elsinore (a little closer to I-5, but not much, let me know.
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Final advice. Only accept invitations from female skydivers to stay at their house. If you decide to stay at a male skydiver's house then you must observe the house rules, namely no shirts or bras after sunset. You see, it keeps the vampires away.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

I did pretty much the same trip two winters ago, except with a couple friends. It's a great idea, you'll have tons of fun. Take lots of pictures!

Some advice: Take a reliable car that's good on gas. Stay in hostels lots - they are cheaper than motels, you can meet people and they have a kitchen, so you save a ton of money on food if you cook for yourself. Definitely stay in Seaside Oregon - they have one of the best hostels in the world there, with free internet, laundry, nice kitchen, coffee shop... there is tons to see in the area and the town is really nice. Get a hostel international membership - its not too expensive, and it gives you listings of all the hostels through the states.

Don't just go to DZ's - see some stuff along the way. I love Joshua Tree National park, and it's right on the way to Perris.

Camping might be a pain in the ass if it's only you - it's a lot of work to set up camp, especially if you're only staying one or two days. Washington and northern Oregon are rainy at this time of year - if you're camping, bring a couple blue tarps, one for over and one for under the tent! Olympic National park and Mt. Rainier are also awesome!

Bring a cooler, so you can have some snack like cheese, fruit, crackers, bagels... that way you can snack throughout the day and spend money on only one larger meal a day. Saves time and money.

It sucks not being able to drink - I went when I was 19, so I had already been drinking in Alberta for 2 years (since 18). Luckily the people I was traveling with were over 21.

Good luck, have fun, take lots of pictures and be safe!! :)

if perris is near the I-5..i will stop in.

If you don't have plans to see anything or anybody in particular in the LA basin I'd suggest switching from 5 to 99 in Sacramento (northern California - be sure to stop by Skydance Skydiving in Davis, which is less than 15 minutes from I5, and Lodi, which is right on I5 south of Sacramento). Take 99 to Bakersfield, then pick up 58 East (Cal City is off 58). That will eventually drop you onto I15; head south to get to Elsinore. From there it's easy to get to Perris and then down to San Diego (and Mexico!).

This route avoids driving on the worst of L.A.'s freeways - on a bad traffic day it will cut hours of frustration off the trip. The scenery along 99 and across 58 is also much nicer than it is along I5, imho.

good point, i totally forgot about traffic... we don't get such a thing out in 29 palms. Joshua tree national park is like 5-10 minutes from my place... i go there all the time. tons-o-fun! gets damn cold out here at night though. It's gonna be like 27 degrees here and if you go up to the national park, dependent upon where in the park you go, you can take off another 10+ degrees. there's plenty of hotels and motels around the base here. Big bear is also just down the road from where I'm at too. The lifts are open, so if you're into skiing or snowboarding, there's another spot you can hit. There's actually like 4 or 5 different places on that mountain to go snowboarding. There's lots of ice rinks out here too.

i was looking at possible routes today and the bakersfield way was one i thought of going on and stopping at california city..looks like a beautiful dz [judging from the website] actually there is a purpose to my trip..im heading to eloy for the invasion but then after that going back to cali for pure enjoyment.
steph

1. Lonely
2. Female
3. Skydive
4. Road Trip
5. Beer

Just quoting that again for good measure.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

i was looking at possible routes today and the bakersfield way was one i thought of going on and stopping at california city..looks like a beautiful dz [judging from the website] actually there is a purpose to my trip..im heading to eloy for the invasion but then after that going back to cali for pure enjoyment.

So did you (or are you going to) stop at Cal City Skydive??

:)