kneepuff

Nearest Skydiving equipment stores?

I live in Northern California. Anybody know of any actual stoes in Nor. Cal. that sell skydiving gear? I want to be able to try on a couple of different suits and get the feel of some equipment before I buy. I've seen tons of gear and suits on line, but I'm shy about purchasing on line. My DZ has limited equipment and clothing for sale.

I'm willing to travel a couple of hours to the right store. Thanks!
Kneepuff
Girls just wanna have fuh hun!

Hi kneepuff,

Ray Ferrell's Flight Suit Company is just up the road; on the dz at Davis (Sundance Skydiving).

Look's like short trip,

Jerry

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Odd!
I was under the impression that he sold the Flite suit company to a firefighter from Oregon four or more years ago. I cannot remember the firefighter's name, but he used to jump with the CReW team out of Kapowsin.
Next week he will lecture at the PIA Symposium on the care and feeding of s jump suit company.

More likely you are referring to the Bomber Sportsware company near Davis ...

Bill is more then willing to sell the used gear you learned on, ask him.
Excluding the staticline gear, the Icon and Infinity containers along with the Triathalon canopies are the best student gear setup's I have ever seen at any DZ. He can also order you a jumpsuit to your measurements. Renting his student gear for the $35 get's you the rig/helment/altimeter/gogles/jumpsuit/packjob and your lift ticket to 13K.
You couldn't ask for a better deal. ;) Other then that, your best bet is a drive over to Byron and see Bonnie at Gravity Gear. :)

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Thanks everybody for the info.

Ed - I didn't realize that he would sell the gear that I learned on. I did know about the jump and rental rates. I'm planning on dropping in at the DZ on Tuesday so I'll be sure to ask Bill some questions.

Thanks again!
Kneepuff

None of the gear stores in Nor Cal have such a vast array of demo equipment that you can try "one of each".

With a proper gear consultation, it will take some of the mystery out of your choices, and give you an idea of you options.

At that point we/they can arrange for you to demo some equipment.

Start local and work your way out. I would love to help you if Bill doesn't have what you need in the way of fit and function. Feel free to PM me with any questions regardless of who you buy from. Gotta keep all the Nor Cal Girls looking good and flying safe. ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

None of the gear stores in Nor Cal have such a vast array of demo equipment that you can try "one of each".

With a proper gear consultation, it will take some of the mystery out of your choices, and give you an idea of you options.

At that point we/they can arrange for you to demo some equipment.

Start local and work your way out. I would love to help you if Bill doesn't have what you need in the way of fit and function. Feel free to PM me with any questions regardless of who you buy from. Gotta keep all the Nor Cal Girls looking good and flying safe. ;)

Thanks GravityGirl! I appreciate it! :)
Kneepuff

Hi Rob,

Yup, Jim Straight, a fire-fighter here in Oregon did buy the BodySport USA company; not the Flite Suit Company.

The name 'thing' had to do with Crater's divorce and the ex getting the Flite Suit company. :(

Jim will only be at the Symposium for one day; at least per his latest email to me.

Jerry

Ray Ferrell's Flight Suit Company is just up the road; on the dz at Davis (Sundance Skydiving).

That's SkyDance SkyDiving.;)

Davis, Byron, and Lodi are short drives from you. You can also talk to the right people and look around to see what other jumpers are using and get a closer look.

Excluding the staticline gear, the Icon and Infinity containers along with the Triathalon canopies are the best student gear setup's I have ever seen at any DZ.

I can second that - the gear I did my AFF on with Ed at Lodi was better than any other gear I've rented before or since! I'd love to know how Bill manages that for the prices he charges :)