Viking

Ok so should keep saving for my car or go to the dealer?

I now have $4000 in the bank but the car is gonna cost about $24 out the door. Should keep saving for $5k or buy it now?
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Honda fit? your kidding right? If i wanted a mini.....minivan i'd buy a Cooper S :D:D:D

I'm buying a VW GTI Was gonna buy a Honda Civic Si Sedan but then I sat in both of them on the same day and realized just how much better the VW felt.

VW GTI is a good car.

*cough* Audi A3 FTMFW! and don't even try to compare it to a GTI. completely different when you start to compare quality of manufacturing and fit & finish.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

VW GTI is a good car.

*cough* Audi A3 FTMFW! and don't even try to compare it to a GTI. completely different when you start to compare quality of manufacturing and fit & finish.

Do you think that fit and finish you got was worth the $6-7 grand more?

Plus I think the A3's styling is just a tad bland compared to the GTI

Does the V-Dub get 38 MPG?? :)

no but it does have 100 more horsepower but still gets 30mph on the freeway where i do most of my driving.

The more you put down the cheaper your payments...which is more importnat to you..getting it now..or having a lower car payment?
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

You're to young to understand. :P

understand what? that you needed to pay more for your car b/c you needed to have something to show for your extra years? Something that says "See look i havn't waisted my life!!!!"

:P

understand what? that you needed to pay more for your car b/c you needed to have something to show for your extra years? Something that says "See look i havn't waisted my life!!!!"

Nioce! No cookies though. I just felt the A3 looked way better. Has better service dept. 5yrs of free maintence (brakes included) plus a loaner car whenever it's in the shop. Not just warranty work. It's got nicer leather, nicer sounds system. Carpets are nicer, the road noise is better in the A3 compared to the GTI.

The only 3 things the GTI & the A3 share are:

1) 2.0T
2) DSG Tranny
3) Both are part of VAG

The rest is, you get what you pay for. I paid alittle more for MUCH more car when it comes to creature comforts.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

The more you put down the cheaper your payments...which is more importnat to you..getting it now..or having a lower car payment?

That's what the haggling is all about.
if you don't want to make paymens on the extra 1000. talk them down to a price that suits you.

$12.00 is my goal when I buy.
My photos

My Videos

Isn't that the entire reason you're buying new?:P
My photos

My Videos

It's a material world and you're a material girl....er, I mean boy. :P
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

You're hassling the poor guy for him making the choice of a car, that's a good car, that he wants. Where's the point in that? Its what he wants, its a good ride and that's what he's going to buy.

Me? I still drive that old pickup, but I'm about to start driving my VW again and sell the truck. Why? I'd rather do other things in my life then make car payments right now (like continuing to save for a down payment on a house).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Not hassling, we've gone round an round over the A3 vs. the GTI and I like to pull his chain once in awhile.

For his age and income bracket the GTI is perfect. Wasn't knocking the GTI. But he did try and pull my chain. So I explained why I purchased what I did. I just love it when he VDub guys compare our cars. When I start spitting out what's standard and they just get pretty quiet.

Have you tried working the internet for a deal?

Have you thought about buying one year barely used? You may be able to save thousands.

Just a thought.

Oh and if you wait prices only go up. [:/]

Good Luck.

Laters,

K-MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!B|

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

When I start spitting out what's standard and they just get pretty quiet.

That's ok, neither the new VWs or the new Audi's have any soul. I'll stick with my old ride.

No soul? I beg to differ, and don't start that age old argument about air cooled vs. water cooled. They've both got their places in history, to bad the air cooled went the way of the dinosaurs. I will respect the air cooleds engineering though. I have a buddy whos pulling 200whp out of a 69 Beetle. :o

Yup, no soul. Not because they're watercooled, just because they new VWs were built off of Audi designs. That the only thing that harks back to the Porsche designed days is the hood emblem.

Although I would really like to have one of those VW guitars and get my wife a Jetta.

Side note, whp? Don't most people list it as bhp?
:D

Edit: Arthur, I'd say go talk to the dealer. Let them draw up numbers, etc, then go look, I want to pay X a month (something kinda low) and I have $4k for a down payment. If they can't do it start to walk out, see if they change their minds. See if they don't call you in a couple of days with a better offer. If they don't, then continue to save your money to get your payments down to where you want them.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Thats a really sharp car!!! I had a VW Corrado back a few years and it didn't give me any problems at all. Well, the radiator fans stuck on full blast one time but that was about it. Looks like you get a custom guitar with every purchase too.

whp - bhp same difference. Wheel / Brake

Tomato, Tomato.

Just recently the President of Audi took over as the President & CEO of VAG. So now we'll see how things pan out. Porsche is trying desperately to pull out of the VAG and go on it's own. Serious pressure is being applied by what's left of the Porsche family to make VAG allow them to become autonomous.

You'll see for the first time in the coming years. Audi dealers without a Porsche dealer. And the same thing, Porsche will soon have it's own dealerships in the US.

Viking, the VDub is an awesome car. Don't let this aggie tell you differently. B| They've also got a soul. He's just so jaded he can't see the beating heart of a true engineering lion. Make sure you by the extended warranty :D

Have you tried working the internet for a deal?

Have you thought about buying one year barely used? You may be able to save thousands.

Just a thought.

Oh and if you wait prices only go up. [:/]

Good Luck.

Laters,

K-MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!B|

Ya i'v thought about buying slightly used but if i did that it would mean buying the first year a Completely new remodel and thats a huge no no in my book.