cloudseeker2001

Called the Cops last night....

Reminds me of the story of the guy who was going to bed, and his wife said he should go turn off the light in the shed out back. He went out on his porch, saw 2 guys stealing shit from his shed, and called the cops. They said "are they in your house?", he said "no", they said they were busy and it would be an hour before they got there. He called back in 30 seconds, and said "forget about coming out in a hurry- I just shot those guys in the shed". 3 minutes later, 3 cops came screaming to the house, full sirens, and caught the 2 thieves in the shed. Later, the cops said "you lied about shooting the guys in the shed". He replied, "you lied about being busy for an hour". True story.

Ed
"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

Reminds me of the story of the guy who was going to bed, and his wife said he should go turn off the light in the shed out back. He went out on his porch, saw 2 guys stealing shit from his shed, and called the cops. They said "are they in your house?", he said "no", they said they were busy and it would be an hour before they got there. He called back in 30 seconds, and said "forget about coming out in a hurry- I just shot those guys in the shed". 3 minutes later, 3 cops came screaming to the house, full sirens, and caught the 2 thieves in the shed. Later, the cops said "you lied about shooting the guys in the shed". He replied, "you lied about being busy for an hour". True story.

Ed

I am sure you have more stories like that to tell:P
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Cops by the nature of our society are an expostfacto type of operation. The one time I really, really could have used one being right there, they weren't. But in all fairness, the average crook isn't going to commit a crime with a cop standing there. As a result I got shot. Even then, the ambulance was there long before the cops.

Even then, the ambulance was there long before the cops.

They (EMS and Fire) are allowed to run "code" (which is lights and sirens) to a large majority of their calls. Police are typically limited to something in which someone's life is in direct and actual danger. Even then, when the police are running code, a large majority of traffic doesn't get out of their way.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

are you sure he wasn't a zombie? cause if he was, this might be the first report and we've all seen this before in the movies.. people are seeing them and reporting them and noone listens until it's too late... I don't know about you, but I'm loading my car to be on the safe side... nothing worse than a damn brain eating zombie
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com
What's YOUR Zombie Plan?

I have this little nugget to relate. The night I got shot, my brother and some of our mutual friends decided to "guard" the house in case the perp was stupid enough to return. The wife stayed at the hospital all night with me. My dad went over in the morning to check on the impromptu militia and bring them some breakfast. Those guys were sitting around all night in a darkened back bedroom playing cards. The lightest caliber in evidence was a 9mm. The rest of the arsenal ranged from a 12ga to a Thompson SMG. The comment dad made to me that really cracked me up that morning was "if the crook shows up, he's going to get away because they'll be arguing about what to shoot him with first" :P

Yup. Scene of the crime was in NC, he was caught in FL hauling dope in my stolen car. Hanging judge up here threw the book at him, he did about 15yrs before NC let him go and let FL have a crack at him. This "upstanding" citizen was also charged with robbery as part of his FL bill of particulars. Said robbery was of a church during the offering. He got out of prison down there last summer (the original crime in NC was in 81), but being on probation and selling crack hasn't won him any friends in the local law enforcement community, so back to the pokey for mr wonderful.

I kept track of this buzzard for most of the time he was in NC prisons. I've had unlisted phone numbers and have taken other measures to protect myself just in case. Said measures even made it hard for the FL probation board to find me for input over his probation last spring so I guess they're fairly effective. Doesn't matter now since he went back to marketing crack almost immediately and tried to sell some to an undercover cop.

It wasn't a fun part of my life. I'm carrying a % disability as a result. One of the slugs is lodged in L5. (I was hit 5 times, still carrying 3) When I was doing ground school for AFF, the arch drills were... well, unpleasant. In the air, no problem since the air resistance helps the position.

I am all for the weapons aproach but I will take a stand for pepper spray. I was sprayed for the first time last week and I am here to tell you that was far and away the most miserable that I have ever been, EVER (for about 20 min).

Due to the experience I will getting one of the jumbo sized OC cans for the house. Hell, Deadly force is not always appropriate but "nuking them" is easier to justify.

Have Rig will travel ...

Due to the experience I will getting one of the jumbo sized OC cans for the house. Hell, Deadly force is not always appropriate but "nuking them" is easier to justify.

You realize that when you use OC spray that you are also exposed and it will effect you. The spray and streams are dependant on the wind and the foams can be thrown back at you. OC also does NOT effect everyone. It also won't effect everyone in the same manner. In other words, you might spray someone then have them become very upset and try even harder to hurt you.

I really think people jump on the OC bandwagon with out any proper knowledge of what it is, how it works, what it can and more importantly, what it can't do.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Good point, however after watching 17 people get sprayed, then going through the 5 station combatant "fight through" drill that we had to perform and finally observing everyone in the decon/recovery area I am confident that it would at the very least give a significant advantage in a situation where a lethal weapon would be unjustified or difficult to get to.

Have Rig will travel ...