sartre

The Let's Boycott Valentine's Day thread

We do a very low-key approach to Valentine's Day. We have the heart shaped candy boxes we reuse each year by refilling them with each others favorite candies, maybe a card. She tells me "no flowers" simply because they jack the prices up by a factor of 2-3 this week. It's sad how every holiday has degenerated into it's own marketing campaign as a retail opportunity.

We try to treat everyday like Valentine's Day. :)

If anything, I could boycott Christmas. I love the holiday, the trees, lights, celebration of peace, everything, but the endless retail barrage of buying crap for people just to prove you love them. That's asinine.>:(

Happy Valentine's Day to all you awesome skydivers. :)

Me and my husband don't really celebrate it either. It is a way to make money.

Skinny's way of being romantic is farting on my knee at night.............that really shows how much he cares:D

Wow!! You better hold on to that man-he's a keeper!!:D:D

We try to treat everyday like Valentine's Day. I sure don't need a stupid pink card to tell my wife that I love her.

My point exactly!!!!

And I agree with you on the Christmas/retail overload. Again, it's become about how much money they can get you to spend in an effort to prove to people that they're important. Blah!!

The ones I love, I love every day. And I don't wait for birthday, anniversary, holidays to let them know. :)

Me and my husband don't really celebrate it either. It is a way to make money.

Skinny's way of being romantic is farting on my knee at night.............that really shows how much he cares:D

Wow!! You better hold on to that man-he's a keeper!!:D:D

It's called a love fart! :D

Well, he is a good cuddler also. :)
-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

BOYCOTTING VDAY:
AZdav
Cornholio + Spouse! :)
Floridadiver81
g_fun
Gonzo (gonzalesna)
GravityJunky
Icon134
Jewels
kelel01
LadyFlyer77
matt1215
MrFreefal383
Sartre
Skysprite
Speedracer
dive goddess
ExAFO
Jerm & GF
BlueSkiesBabe

LOVES VDAY
Sunshine

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

You know, society has first always excluded, mistreated, and often times, beaten or killed the minority...

Will you be the one beating me ? :$

Care to go to San Fran to get your beating?
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

BOYCOTTING VDAY:
AZdav
Cornholio + Spouse! :)
Floridadiver81
g_fun
Gonzo (gonzalesna)
GravityJunky
Icon134
Jewels
kelel01
LadyFlyer77
matt1215
MrFreefal383
Sartre
Skysprite
Speedracer
dive goddess
ExAFO
Jerm & GF
BlueSkiesBabe

LOVES VDAY
Sunshine
normiss

Oh, oh, I'm in on this one. Let's take over the thread from the bah-humbugers! I already gave my kids their gifts last night because we're too busy tomorrow. It made me so happy to see them surprised with their gifts! Fa la la...

LOVES VDAY[/RED]
Sunshine
normiss
Skymama
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Oh, oh, I'm in on this one. Let's take over the thread from the bah-humbugers! I already gave my kids their gifts last night because we're too busy tomorrow. It made me so happy to see them surprised with their gifts! Fa la la...

LOVES VDAY[/RED]
Sunshine
normiss
Skymama

And that alone is why V-day sucks the big one. Here comes a rant, you jokers asked for it. There's nothing more to the holiday than excessive generosity in gift-giving, which doesn't constitute a reason to have a national holiday, but public whipping of all the people stupid enough to give more of themselves than they normally would. Socio-economic bandwagoning is what that might be called. Whether or not you're already a giving and generous person, no reason to go above and beyond for one more day committed to corporate greed. Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa, good enough. Birthdays, OK, that's an individual thing, but there's no reason to have any other gift-giving holidays than those. Independence Day is good for blowing things up, Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa is good enough for gift-giving, birthdays are personal, and Valentine's Day just doesn't fit in anywhere as far as I'm concerned.

gonzalesna, that good enough for ya?
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

National Holiday??? WHAT???
I work at a financial institution (lol) and I'm at work tomorrow...WTF?????

not a holiday by any means...what's wrong with taking a day to think of others we care for????
:S

So do you haters boycott Christmas too? ALL holidays? Are you unhappy when the rest of us try to be happy????
I don't get it....life is waaaaaaay toooo short to take THAT seriously!:)

Sure you're buying into corporate greed. You have any idea how much extra money candy and chocolate companies make during the Valentine's Day production cycle? It's kind of like buying an SUV and saying, "Well I'm not contributing to global warming, it's just one SUV." Corporate greed is corporate greed, undeterred by moderation, only to be stopped by those who don't buy anyone a damn thing on Valentine's Day.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

However you look at it, it's worth it if your efforts put a smile on someone's face. And, the best part of the holiday will be the 1/2 price candy on the 15th. :P
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

However you look at it, it's worth it if your efforts put a smile on someone's face. And, the best part of the holiday will be the 1/2 price candy on the 15th

Exactly!! I buy stuff for my nephews the day after so i can get the discounts. They don't mind.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

EVERYONE AVOID SKYMAMA'S HOUSE IN THE NEAR FUTURE!!! WEIGHT GAIN IMMINENT!!!!

Just because it's there doesn't mean you have to eat half the bag of M&M's when you get the munchies. :P

Oh shit!
EVERYONE AVOID HER HOTNESS' HOUSE IN THE NEAR FUTURE!!! WEIGHT GAIN IMMINENT!!!!:S>:(

as if YOU wait for a sale to buy candy! that's just an excuse to buy MORE!!!!:o

fixed it:P
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.