skybytch

espanol es no muy facil

Soy estudiante de espanol. Es muy dificil y no divertida! Hoy esta mi examen primera.

(translation -I think) - I'm a student of Spanish. It's very hard and no fun!! Today is my first test.

I am so not ready... watch my GPA go right down the drain... B|

It's 'Estoy estudiante' (i think)

Because you will not be a student forever, unless you're really crap or wish to learn the world.

Best of luck on your test. I am also learning spanish. I'm a bit shit really. I missed a lot of my course because i was away.
The only thing stopping you is all the people that want to stop you!

What's this with Americans and foreign languages?

It's required - if I don't take two semesters of a foreign language I can't transfer to the 4 year university of my choice.

Unlike French, Italian, etc, Spanish will be useful... after this class I should be able to tell my neighbors to tell their friends to not park in my parking space, dammit.

Don't confuse her... she's doing a pretty good job...
'soy estudiante' = I'm a student
'estoy estudiando' = I'm studying

See... estudiante is a noun, person.
Estudiando is the verb, action.

'muestrame las tetas' = show me your tits :D

Anyway... she is doing a great job
Good job skybytch, keep up the good work!! ;)

It is very hard. All the variations are a nightmare.

There is a very very good CD set by Michel Tomas
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Spanish-Michel-Thomas-Complete-Course-Set/dp/0340780673/sr=8-4/qid=1172078258/ref=pd_ka_4/203-7284599-1512731?ie=UTF8&s=books

whic will really help and its so easy with no writing. The books etc will sort the grammar, the CDs (8) will really help speaking.
The only thing stopping you is all the people that want to stop you!

It's "Soy estudiante" because I'm really crap at languages other than English. It's okay, I can admit it.

Dont worry... its bad manners to speak with your mouth full anyway :o:D:D

I'm sure you'll do great Skybytch!

I took 2 years of spanish in high school but, all they ever taught me was how to name articles of clothing and colors. So I can tell you what you are wearing and what color it is but, I can't ask where the hospital is or even order food at a restaurant:S:S
Fly like a girl

I'm sure you'll do great Skybytch!

I took 2 years of spanish in high school but, all they ever taught me was how to name articles of clothing and colors. So I can tell you what you are wearing and what color it is but, I can't ask where the hospital is or even order food at a restaurant:S:S

You did better than me. All I can remember is la leche - milk or el perro - dog... :S I can somewhat understand it if the person is speaking slow enough. Almost everyone I work with speaks Spanish, and they try to teach me. They started off teaching me all the bad words. :D

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Checkout the spanish learning podcasts on itunes UK site i find them estupendo......Coffee break spanish.....intermediate notes and advanced notes in spanish the're all FREEB|pretty good if you're like me and just trying to speak the language,not much help for written exercises tho..
Para me,espanola esta muy dificil,no
.CHOP WOOD COLLECT WATER.

Go to Mexican restaurants, the kind where only one waiter speaks English, and order in Spanish. It's a limited vocabulary, but any real-life practice is good.

And your Spanish was very understandable. In real life, that's the most important. Some of it'll come naturally with time (honest), and some stuff will probably always mark you as an American (like the sometimes subtle differences between ser and estar).

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)