skydivermom

Little Boys and accuracy problems

No, I'm not talking about skydiving accuracy. I have an 8 year old and a 4 year old who seem to make it everywhere BUT the toilet. I was a little concerned when I discovered pee in the trash can one day, and assumed it was my 4-year old's doing.

Anyway, my husband told me a few days later that our 8-year old had gotten up in the middle of the night and was taking a wizz in the trash can. He didn't even remember doing it (or so he says). The funny thing is, my 4-year old isn't any better at aiming when he's awake.

Do you guys EVER get better at directing your stream?
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

the problem lies in the "slow flow" portion of taking a piss. at the very beginning and again at the end of taking a leak, the pee doesn't quite have enough velocity to make a cleam break from the penis. the result is urine flying off to the left or right until enough stream is built up to make everything come out straight. this does not explain sleep-pissing. someday your son will come home drunk and lift up a couch cushion and take a whiz.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

My son BETTER not come to my house drunk.>:(

That is really interesting about the stream thing taking time to get going. Man, I've heard people say guys have it easy, but that really sounds like a pain in the tush.:S Suddenly, sitting down to pee sounds so much easier.
Mrs. WaltAppel

***I think you should write this down, put on the fridge and wait. THE day will come.

No necessarily. My husband and his brother NEVER came home drunk, and I have a cousin who NEVER came home drunk either. I have no idea whether or not they got drunk at other times, but they never dared come home like that.

Mrs. WaltAppel

It's very convenient for the hubby to blame the 8 year old isn't it?[unsure]
To answer the original question, it's a guy thing, You'll never understand.:D:D:D
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

Most of us are trainable though. If it doesn't take by 50 -60 yrs old I would consult a professional.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Here's a quick fix that almost never fails.

The next time junior needs to go, toss a half dozen Cheerios in the toilet and tell him to sink 'em. It is amazing how quickly he will learn stream control.

Besides, it's fun. Come to think of it, I'm going to go and get some Cheerios right now. :)

Ya at first it's Cheerios, then it's donuts and on to bagles. it's a harrowing, downhill road after that.
aDICKtion comes in many forms for many people, you've been cautioned.:D

Great idea.

***What, you don't know about the sink the Cheerios trick?

I had heard about it and even tried it a few times with my youngest. The problem is he forgets to lift the lid sometimes, and other times he doesn't watch what he's doing. And my oldest son just needs to quit trying to do it in his sleep[:/]

Mrs. WaltAppel

Ratio was 4 to 2, men to women in my house growing up. To this day my mom has a little plaque hanging above the downstairs toilet that says:

"My Aim Is To Keep This Bathroom Clean, Your Aim Would Help"

I still chuckle every time I read it. Oddly enough, it's while reading it that I usually miss the bowl.
Killing threads since 2004.

My son had pretty good aim. Unfortunately, he preferred to aim at the sides of the bowl. He didn't want to pee in the water cuz then other people would be able to hear him peeing. I couldn't understand that... I mean, he was in the freakin' bathroom, what did he think I thought he was doing in there? :ph34r:

About not remembering the trash can peeing - he might not be fibbing about that. I had a sister who would pee in the clothes hamper and never remember doing it - she was sleep walking. My Mom caught her a couple of times. The funny thing is that my sister was always wearing a plastic toy fireman's hat while doing the deed.

Anyway, about teaching proper aiming... Even when we learn how to aim properly, there is still the splash effect. The way to eliminate that is to sit while peeing. Yeah, it's hard to convince 'em to take the time to drop their pants and sit, but it's sure more sanitary in the long run. I was taught that urnals are for standing, but toilets are for sitting.

Aim is not going to improve with age.
Visit any public men's room and you will see.
Most men won't even bother to lift the lid except at home where the wife will crawl up their ass if they don't.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239