chrissylicious

Have I earned my new toy yet ??????

sniff...I miss the TRUE Softails!!!
fucking stoopid B motors!
sweet putt ya got there....Steveorino's is also nice...love the Evo!

Honda...hmmm...well...I suppose it's a godd starter bike for a chick...or a kid...I would prefer a Sportster or a Buell myself though. I just don't care for the disposible technology from the other side of the marble.:P

Thanks John, I think the bike ROCKS myself B|

I wasn't going to even sugest a Harley.

I asked if you were really set on the Cruiser, because I honestly dont believe they are very good bikes to LEARN how to ride on.
I feel there are much better bukes to learn on in the sqme price range

Thanks spueak but Its not really a learning bike because I have ridden sports bikes my whole life. It will be my first cruiser and Im looking more for comfort since I will be traveling to Davenport every weekend. I have found that the sport bikes are not very comfortable after about an hour [:/] But this will not be my only bike :)
"I will stick you with a rope"- ME

It all comes down to you and the quality of the instruction you get. If you attend the DMVs Motorcycle safety coarse, and have a good rider handy to help you with all the tricks of the trade you will do well.

I wouldn't be a good S&TA if I didn't mention good safe gear. In the Millions of road miles I have done over the years, I have never even gone to the other end of the street without a helmet. I have never ridden in anything other then shoes or boots and always with gloves. To do anything else, is asking for it.

My family is prominent in local racing and I am very very keen on safety.

It sure sounds like you have earned the new toy. Now get out there and go ride to the DZ.

Thanks for your awesome advice. I completely agree with you about the safety. I took my safety course a couple of years ago and Im so glad I did. I see college students riding on campus with sandals and tank tops with no glove and it makes me cringe.:S

Take the MSF course, it's well worth what ever it costs now (was $25 but I was told it was going up this year) I guarantee that after you take that course at some point in your riding career that you'll have a close call and say to your self "wow that course just saved my life"

If you have any questions just ask (or PM if you like)

-Jon

WOW..... your class only cost $25. Ours was $100 two years ago and we had to travel 3 hours away to get it at that price. It was worth the money and I would take it again just because I havnt ridden since then.

Im a crotch rocket guy...as that is all i have ever ridden. I havent had the chance to ride these specific models...but i will tell ya that the R6 is a VERY sweet bike. As long as you are an experienced rider. The latest R6 i have ridden was my old neighbor's 2004. It was a 600(which is the R6 for those that dont know) and it felt like a 900 on the freeway! Then..my roommate started dating a guy that had an R1. He let me take it out too....im not ready to own that bike yet. It scared the shit outta me!! But i would DEFF take the R6 over the Ninja. IMHO..ninja's are complete garbage. Overall design sucks. Their parts degrade faster than any other sport bike made.
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

nice place for the stoopid inspection sticker;)

always hated those things....but I really wish Florida would require them again! Pieces of shit on the road are costing us in so many other ways!!!>:(

Thanks! :D Up until this year we had to have county tax stickers too!!B| The Sporty I bought a couple of years ago originally had the sticker on the front fork where it's supposed to be, I took care of that the first time I got it inspected. ;) You should have seen the look on my face when I saw the kid at the inspection station getting ready to scrape the old one off the fork with a dull razor blade!! >:(

Hold up Junior, I'll take care of that. ;)
Don

Here's to friends!

The 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R had a complete overhaul. I currently own a 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250R and am looking to upgrade the rush. ;)

PS: I enjoy the rockets but my dad enjoys the cruisers. He recently bought a ...
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

sniff...I miss the TRUE Softails!!!
fucking stoopid B motors!
sweet putt ya got there....Steveorino's is also nice...love the Evo!

Honda...hmmm...well...I suppose it's a godd starter bike for a chick...or a kid...I would prefer a Sportster or a Buell myself though. I just don't care for the disposible technology from the other side of the marble.:P

wow, you had to go there didn't you. I should say something about you're just mad that you paid too much for your bike, but I wont. ;)

ok, most jap bikes will not sell for more that you buy them for. This one will, it only cost $500.

I don't know what you have nor how much you paid for it, but I have been told from a local dealer that prices for used harleys are about to come way down with the new engine coming out (96 cu in.?)

pretty sled there! in my favorite classic colors too!!!
nothing like black and chrome....!!!

yea...the 96's came out this year with a 6 speed tranny to boot! fuckers

word is we're getting the Revolution motor soon...thanks to EPA requirements all Harleys will be fuel injected and water cooled...looks like the baggers will get the big block version putting out about 140hp in stock configuration. Outside of loosing the classic Harley sound (which we already lost a lot of with the Twin Cam motors...) I think the Revolution motor is very sweet...as I'm sure anybody that owns a V-Rod will tell you.
As far as used....I'd still give flesh for another sweet early 90's FXR, preferably and FXLR/C. The FXR frame is the BEST Harley ever made...and it was modeled after the jap bike frames we were getting back then!