bloody_trauma

homeless in the army

so i make into ft gordon after driving for near 48 hours from texas, and i make to the student detachment to get my leave form stamped, and the tell me that my orders are jacked up and that im not even supposed to have gotten the orders that i had. but at least i showed up where i was told to, any way, the 1SG that works there is being awesome, and they are ammending my orders to where we can stay here in augusta, but i cant get TLA for a hotel room or sign for housing until i get corrected orders. so i tried to go to army lodging here and the fuckers wouldnt lodge my dogs or give me a statement of unavailablility. so now i'm homeless in the army living in a hotel that coming out of my pocket until i can get DA to get off thier fuckin asses and print me out some correct orders >:(
Fly it like you stole it

so i make into ft gordon after driving for near 48 hours from texas, and i make to the student detachment to get my leave form stamped, and the tell me that my orders are jacked up and that im not even supposed to have gotten the orders that i had. but at least i showed up where i was told to, any way, the 1SG that works there is being awesome, and they are ammending my orders to where we can stay here in augusta, but i cant get TLA for a hotel room or sign for housing until i get corrected orders. so i tried to go to army lodging here and the fuckers wouldnt lodge my dogs or give me a statement of unavailablility. so now i'm homeless in the army living in a hotel that coming out of my pocket until i can get DA to get off thier fuckin asses and print me out some correct orders >:(

Set up a tent right outside the base. They might take notice.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

thats actually what we were going to do but then we realized that we neede our cell phones and ipods and uhhh internet so i can talk shit to you guys

Can you say wireless?
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Similiar situation happened to me when I got sent to Ellsworth AFB. Showed up with my orders, they were confused. No BOQ (bachelor officer quarters) on base, no VOQ (visiting officer quarters) available, wouldn't give me onbase housing, TLF (temp living facilities) wouldn't take pets (so had to find kennels) and pay $20/day and then $25/day for TLF.... I was NOT amused. >:( $45/day out of my pocket for the week plus it took them to figure out the orders. (and this was before ever even getting a paycheck from the military)

Yah know.. the crap they pull just never ceases to amaze me. You would think they would understand far better than those who are not serving... eeeeeshh

I would expect that kind of idiocy from Civilians but not from a fellow service members.... or is what we used to call CBPO in the USAF now run by civilian contractors...:S

Don't sweat it, you should be able to claim your lodging on your travel voucher after you have your orders ammended. As for not having the statement of nonavailability, the First Sergeant should be able to assist you with this hurdle when it comes time to file your voucher, if it even becomes an issue. It's a small speed bump in the road, nothing to lose any sleep over.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Oh, sorry to hear that. [:/]

I think loudiamond is right about getting that back though.

-The army never makes mistakes like that, I'm shocked!!! :o:o:o

(not mentioning that my husband was in the reserves for an entire year before getting paid as his orders were all 'jacked up')
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

SHOULD HAVE JOINED THE COAST GUARD!