yoink

US Car rental

I'll be arriving into LAX in less than a 2 weeks (B|) and wanted some advice about car rental in the states.

Are there any companies that I should avoid or ones you've had particularly good experiences with?

Any brits got advice about driving over there they've learned?

How does this automatic shift thing work? :D:D

ta

I use Avis in my travels. Hertz is second. I avoid enterprise like the plague.

That's funny! I pay extra for Enterprise because the service is so wonderful. I used Payless once... never again.
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

I always use Holiday Autos because their price includes all the insurance so if you get hit you just drop the car off and walk away. Top Tip though is to ensure you get your paperwork signed when you hand it back in - they once tried to claim I had handed my car in in the middle of my holiday!
I'm drunk, you're drunk, lets go back to mine....

That's funny! I pay extra for Enterprise because the service is so wonderful.

Enterprise has been good to me as well. Never any problems. Maybe they just don't like goddamn dirty hippies. :P ;) :ph34r: :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Regardless of which company you choose, reserve your car online before you get here. Pay the extra for the "walk away" insurance; if anything happens it'll well worth the money (and you won't feel so bad about taking it four wheeling in the fields around Perris/Elsinore :ph34r:).

That's funny! I pay extra for Enterprise because the service is so wonderful.

Enterprise has been good to me as well. Never any problems. Maybe they just don't like goddamn dirty hippies. :P ;) :ph34r: :D

They hate hippies. Theyre such a pain to deal with. The walking around and point at scratches and stuff.
If you'd seen what a car looks like after a bad farm show, you'd be suprised any of them companies can stay in business. :D
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I always use Holiday Autos because their price includes all the insurance so if you get hit you just drop the car off and walk away. Top Tip though is to ensure you get your paperwork signed when you hand it back in - they once tried to claim I had handed my car in in the middle of my holiday!

Definitaly Holiday Autos. My Las Vegas Rental was even cheaper with them and i don't feel completely ripped off with all the extra charges.

Franco
If it does not cost anything you are the product.