2ndgensteinke

Sabre 190

Am i screwing myself? I have a Sabre 190 D.O.M 4-1998, zero p3 great condition. Lines look good, no rips tears or nothing like that. New to skydiving gear and prices, Im selling it for 700 U.S.D i don't know what one is going for. This one is in good shape and has around 350 jumps. What would you sell it for?:(
the big dirty

Why are you selling it? Do you really only have 7 jumps? Have you even jumped this canopy?

Look at the Classifieds. I'm thinking that you may not be able to get more than about 600 for it. There is not too much demand for older models. If it really only has around 350 jumps, then the lines are probably original and may be somewhat out of trim. This would also lower the value of the canopy. I just handed my Sabre1-120 over to a rigger and jumping Saturday with a new lineset to install. The canopy has around 500-ish jumps, in good condition, but the lineset looked like it was probably original and reasonably out of trim. Whoohoo for new lineset on next jumps!

A canopy is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. A Sabre 190 is actually a pretty common starter canopy. I started on a Sabre 170. I still have it in my back up rig. If it is as you describe, around $700 might be a bit high, but not much. The prices on PD's new canopies just went up recently, so the used market prices went up a little as well. If you are not in a hurry to sell, leave it there. If you are, leave it there for as long as you can, then drop the price if it doesn't sell. A good resource on prices for canopies is Bonnie from Gravity Gear. She can even help you sell it as well.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

I would keep it, I would expect you to progress to a 190 or equiv pretty quickly. Of course your instructors would know best, you should talk to them and see what they say. Maybe you could borrow/rent a 210 for awhile and then switch to the 190??
http://planetskydive.net/ - An online aggregation of skydiver's blogs.

true true, but I'm planning on getting something different than a sabre, maybe a sabre 2 but really leaning to a spectra, anythoughts on that canopy?

spectra is a type of canopy suspension line (aka normal "microline"), a Spectre is a 7-cell slightly tapered ZP canopy produced by Performance Designs.