BRYANGOESBOOM

So Long Cigs

So ive been a heavy smoker for the last 8 or 9 years and thanks to a conversation with a friend this weekend i decided to give it up.
its been around 26 hrs since i last lit up.:|B|
Picked up the patch today and im not sure its doing anything for me.
Any advice from those of you that beat this nasty habit???

Not only will you look better, feel better, and fuck better; you'll have significantly increased your life expectancy. --Douva

drink water every time you want to smoke, enjoy the taste of everything you eat, go walking/running outside to get fresh air in your lungs.

and also try and avoid the patches as much as possible, there's nicotine inside...

congrats.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Heavy smoker from grade school B| until age 37. I quit cold turkey myself. Absolutely sucked for awhile, but it's what worked for me.

If you cant do it with patches etc., just suck it up and dont smoke, no matter what. Best thing I ever did.

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

So ive been a heavy smoker for the last 8 or 9 years and thanks to a conversation with a friend this weekend i decided to give it up.

Bryans going to go BOOM!

When i go out around non smokers i put a patch on, i shit you not they work.
I can have a meal, get pissed and not once feel the urge for a smoke.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Cold turkey is the best way. I tried a million ways and then went cold turkey. Have not touched one in 7 years. I think it is also the mindset. Once you make up your mind you want to have a healthier body, you are willing to go through the pain!

The first 72 hours were the worst for me. After about 2 weeks, you will start to be able to smell the world again! Food tastes better. Also exercise! I remember reading something about exercising increasing your chances of quitting successfully.
I used to get a bad case of bronchitis twice a year (sometimes lasting several weeks). Since I quit smoking, I have not had any of that in 7 years and I rarely even get a winter cold. It does wonders for your immune system to quit.

Good Luck!

Remember that each urge will pass within a few minutes. Keep occupied and don't obsess over the fact that it's been "27.5 hours since the last cig". The frequency of urges will fade; then you'll become an annoying former smoker like me who hates the smell of smoke! (I want to gag when I smell it)
Jen

thanks to a conversation with a friend this weekend i decided to give it up.

Was it me? If so, allow me to pat myself on the back. But even if not, congrats. I hope you can keep it up. Although you may want to stock up on those diet cokes 'cause you may gain some weight.

I'll do for you what I did for Josh. Every time I see you with a cigarette I'll snap you with a rubber band. Hard.

Woohoo! Bryan is finally getting healthy! Now you have to help me convince kevlarsxs to quit.

Congrats on the smart life decision!
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

thanks to a conversation with a friend this weekend i decided to give it up.

Was it me? If so, allow me to pat myself on the back. But even if not, congrats. I hope you can keep it up. Although you may want to stock up on those diet cokes 'cause you may gain some weight.

I'll do for you what I did for Josh. Every time I see you with a cigarette I'll snap you with a rubber band. Hard.

Yes those stupid questions you were asking me were driving me crazy, it was either avoid you for the rest of my life or just quit smoking. I hope your happy. + i read on the internet that tobacco plants have a soul.:/]

NO RUBBER BANDS PLEASE:|

Not only will you look better, feel better, and fuck better; you'll have significantly increased your life expectancy. --Douva

When my friend quit she went on Wellbutrin for about 2 months - just to help her get through the mood swings and withdrawls without killing anyone. That was a year ago and she seems to be doing great now.
Because life is an adventure - it may not be the one you planned, but then it wouldn't be an adventure!

WOW this is getting harder:|

My first day was the physically toughest for me (thus far). Subsequent days were similarly tough but in more of psychological way than physical. It is getting substantially easier now, even when I'm hanging around people who are smoking. The hardest part now is when a craving hits me that I'm not mentally prepared for. Keep at it...you can do it (and so can I). B|

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Thanks for that im going through the same thing you did. Everytime i get in the truck, or look out on the porch i can feel that urge so ive been chewing the shit out of gum and blow pops. keeping my hands busy by cleaning my finger nails.
Going out to eat tonight at one of my #1 bars tonight. This is going to be extra hard since its a smoking bar but i really want a hell burger:S