gremlin

Central America advice needed

I am currently in Belize and off into the jungle in a couple of days.

Firstly, as I have never been anywhere near the jungle is there any good advice from those who have?

Secondly, we have a week or so off after the exercise, I was thinking of going to Cancun, is it any good and is the DZ there any good?

Thanks

Gremlin.
I'm drunk, you're drunk, lets go back to mine....

Firstly, as I have never been anywhere near the jungle is there any good advice from those who have?

Don't sleep on the jungle floor. Get you a hammock and mosquito neeting. Eat garlic.

I was thinking of going to Cancun, is it any good and is the DZ there any good?

Skydive Cancun (is really in Playa DeCarma) is a tandem mill, but if you can get on a load it is worth the effort. It is a Cessna DZ.

I went a few years back and the owner jumped with me for two jumps while two tandems went up. The view was spectacular. You better have your own rig as I'm not sure they have ones to rent. The cost was $30USD and worth every penny. Although you pack on a sandy floor. You land on the beach right by the dock for the ferry from Cozumel.

steveOrino

I am currently in Belize and off into the jungle in a couple of days.

gremlin.

Try not to get wounded , when I was there the med-evac sucked.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

don't stand still, you will either become a plant or snake food

Apparently we have a very aggressive snake out here. One of the blokes out here previously saw one and tried to take a photo of it. All you can see on the photo is the inside of the snake's mouth as it went for the camera flash. I am worried about one dropping from overhanging branches onto me.

I will give skydive Cancun a shout - thanks.

Gremlin
I'm drunk, you're drunk, lets go back to mine....

I was in Belize just over a year ago. After doing the beach thing I rented a little 4WD SUV and drove west to St. Ignaciao. I hooked up with some locals and had a blast. There were many Maya ruins out that way. One of them was 45 miles from town, out in the jungle. I was amazed that we made it due to the roads, if that what you want to call them! The amazing thing was that the jungle was in the valleys and lower elevations, and the upper part of the hills were a pine forests!

The hot tip is to get your own wheels. And try the Iguana. Tastes just like chicken. :)