matt1215

SI owners

Subaru? WRX?

I have a Forester XT.
More cargo room than the WRX wagon.
Pretty much the same engine as the STi, cept a smaller intercooler and smaller turbo.
Lower gears and only a 5 speed.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Just do a bit of research.

They do not get the MPG a honda will though.[:/]
but have much more capacity, and plenty fast.
0-60 in around 5.5 seconds.

Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Those are nice. I've been eyeing those, but looks like last year was the last they're making them :(

Yeah quite sad. My blue RSX-S is still in the shop after meeting up with a UPS truck by no fault of my own. I am missing that car.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Yes. It is a FUN car for a daily driver! Quick, gets right at 30mpg on the highway, and I actually like the HUD styled dash! :)
Only negatives that come to mind:

1) Premium Fuel requirement :(

2) Wish I had waited 1 year for the sedan...

Sure could use the extra room and easier accessibility to the back since I am about to be a daddy! B|

Goudha is for Buddha, and that's good enough for me!

oooh tell me about it. I shudder every time I spend $35 on 12 gallons of gas, BUT damn is my car fast. B|
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

oooh tell me about it. I shudder every time I spend $35 on 12 gallons of gas, BUT damn is my car fast. B|

Hmph... 2.0T + exhaust + tuning + cai = faster then you :D I could massage some more numbers out of the Audi, but to be honest. Only way to make major gains now is to upgrade to a bigger Garret Turbo GT29R with new injectors, intake belts & pulleys... but to know I'm faster then an STi just makes me smile. B| Because I know you didn't pay as much for yours as I did mine. And I still had to sink MORE MONEY to make it faster. ;)

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Hmph... 2.0T + exhaust + tuning + cai = faster then you :D I could massage some more numbers out of the Audi, but to be honest. Only way to make major gains now is to upgrade to a bigger Garret Turbo GT29R with new injectors, intake belts & pulleys... but to know I'm faster then an STi just makes me smile. B| Because I know you didn't pay as much for yours as I did mine. And I still had to sink MORE MONEY to make it faster. ;)
You do know Yardhippie drives a subaru right? :P
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Oh, no worries. I can take the parts the STi guys are chucking and put them on my car, and make more power!
How to make a Subaru Forester XT go faster than an STi for cheap:
STi intercooler (got it)
STi catless up-pipe (got it)
STi ECU
STi turbo, a 29 vs a TD04
even better
an access port for fuel mapping.
Should be able to do that for about 3k.
Should put out about 260-280 at the wheels.

too bad I can afford it.
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I have a 2000 Si, hence where part of my screen name came from.

Anyway. Good cars, don't care so much for the newer ones for some odd reason. I guess it's the price and well they have only 40 more horses than mine and weigh more. I do believe they are actually only .5 seconds faster to 60mph.

It used to be about speed for me when I got it, now it's about reliability. 107,000 miles and still runs like a champ. Well there seems to be something sluggish with it lately, friends don't seem to think so, but she still goes.

You just can't go wrong with honda, most times.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

My new ride. 2007 Mazda speed 3. Cold air intake is coming on Thursday. My cousin just traded his 06 2dr Civic Si for a 07 4dr Civic Si. Both nice cars but lack some power.

Dude the MS3 is an incredible car for the money! I owned an 05 Mazda 3 wishing for MS3 to come out. When I couldn't get definite dates to when it was coming. I traded it in on an 06 Audi A3. I don't regret it after I did it. I know I paid way more for the Audi... The things is, the things I hated about the Mazda3, the MazdaSpeed3 still has. Only thing it's got better then the original is FAST!! The Mazda3 was quick, it just wasn't FAST. :o

As for the Honda SI it's ok, it's quick... it's just not FAST. As for reliability, I'm leaning towards Toyota now. Honda isn't the top dog in this category anymore. :|

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

I drove a Civic-SI a short time ago B|B|. Anyone own one?

I have a Honda Civic del Sol Si... Not sure why they threw the Civic in to the name, but they did for the first couple of years... I drive it all the time and LOVE IT!! B|

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

I just purchased a new Civic Si a few months ago. I do not regret it at all. A couple of cars ago, I had an '02 RSX Type S. As much as I loved that car, I honestly like the Si better.

Chris